PDA

View Full Version : Meds giving me more anxiety!

Sentinelle
02-24-2013, 08:28 AM
I am trying to take lexotan a benzo whenever I feel really tense and anxious which supposed to help quickly and I should feel a bit drowsy unlike anxiety meds, but whenever I take benzos it seems that my anxiety goes worse. I would feel my heart pounding even more, tingling in feet and facial flushing. Could it be that I am paranoid over meds and that whatever I take increases the anxiety? I can't find anything that acts quickly and decreases my anxiety even just for some time!!

sazco
02-24-2013, 08:51 AM
xanex was the best benzo i ever had. .50 mg was enough to calm me down during an attack abd yeah you could just be scaring yourself more by thinking it will do the opposite instead of calming you down. when you take the pill i would say to myself its now time to calm down. my hands would sweat but eventually i would relax for a couple hours.

Sentinelle
02-24-2013, 09:19 AM
Thanks. I knew at the back of my mind that it was all in my head and I might be taking a very small dose. I also tend to pretend a lot from meds and think that it will make me feel like I used to.

sazco
02-24-2013, 09:29 AM
Thanks. I knew at the back of my mind that it was all in my head and I might be taking a very small dose. I also tend to pretend a lot from meds and think that it will make me feel like I used to.

its okay i used to be the same way because i used to read all about the pill before i took it. but yeah just relax after you take the pill :) hopefully you have some relief for a while! its better than not having any relief right? :)