PDA

View Full Version : how much magnesium taurate to take

mglover92
02-23-2013, 08:51 PM
how many mg should someone with anxiety take a day? I just took 2 pills at once just now and feel weird. I feel really tired...im guessing this is normal...but should you spread the pills throughout the day ?

mglover92
02-23-2013, 08:53 PM
This is also my first magnesium supplement

adrenalyn
02-23-2013, 09:26 PM
I just picked up magnesium citrate 200 mg today. I will be taking 200 mg in the morning and 200 mg in the evening...I was informed that 400 mg is enough to take per day to help with anxiety.

I believe your tiredness is normal especially if you took two pills at once. How many mg are the pills? I have heard you can take full dose at bedtime if you don't want to take twice a day as it will help you sleep better.

There are a few people here that are taking magnesium and vitamin D3 ( and other supplements ).. There are some excellent threads here you should read, I think there are a couple in the depression section that have a sticky on the thread.

Please let us know how you do with the magnesium :)

mglover92
02-23-2013, 10:52 PM
I just had a terrible reaction to magnesium. I dont know if I took 2 much at once or what but I took 2 pills. Each had 125mg of mag in them. About an hour later my stomach just felt really sick and i felt bloated. Should I spread my dose out though out the day? Im kind of scared to take again because of the horrible reaction.

nf1234
02-24-2013, 12:01 AM
Yes I would spread your doses out. Magnesium can have a laxative effect when taken to much. But about 400mg a day is a good amount to take. And yes it may make you sleepy so some people prefer to take before bed. At first you may not be able to take 400mg a day you might have to work your way up to that. Magnesium taurate is one of the best forms though so it should help you.