PDA

View Full Version : Health anxiety ruining my life!!

jmar1116
02-22-2013, 07:08 PM
I saw a patient today who had a blood clot from taking birth control and now I'm freaking out!!! I want to go to the ER just to be checked out!!! Ughhhh not a fun Friday night

weary
02-22-2013, 07:56 PM
Jmar1116- there Are lots of things that could cause a blood clot from birth control ... I am 38 and a smoker and I had to use the IUD I have had no issues most dr will tell you if you are over 35 and a smoker you are at a higher risk for such things. Talk to your doctor before you make that trip to the er. Try and find. Peaceful place in your mind deep breathes and relax we are all here to support you and help you

jmar1116
02-22-2013, 08:12 PM
Thank you for replying. I'm 25 and I smoke. I talked to my husband tonight and I'm going to get rid of my birth control. Just so I have a peace of mind. And I can relax

weary
02-22-2013, 08:18 PM
Well as long as he is supportive :) I know at 25 I was not on anything it was not till after I had my daughter at 32 that I started having issues female wise so I would still talk to your dr there are other options for birth control I have the mirania because I can't have the estrogen and it is ok and does what it should and I don't have to take any pills :) keep us posted but remember you are fine and have support here

jmar1116
02-22-2013, 09:28 PM
How do you like mirana? We are planning on havjng another next year...would that be a good option for me? Sry for getting personal lol

weary
02-22-2013, 10:11 PM
I have had good luck with it I would bleed heavy for 14 says after I had my daughter after a year I was enimick (spelling) and had no choice I now only have my period for about 3-4 days and very light sometimes don't get them at all so it is an option and if you wan more children it is very was to remove so it is something to consider

jmar1116
02-23-2013, 09:16 AM
Thank you! I'm gonna look into it

anthonyjbro760
02-23-2013, 02:21 PM
Same here I have fatty liver makes it real hard to cope

trinidiva
02-23-2013, 04:06 PM
I couldn't take bp after my second child because I have high bp. I too am over 35 and was also nervous about clots. Well, I told my husband he had to take one for the team, since I've had multiple c sections, and went through ALOT during my pregnancy. We know we are definitely done having kids, so after some serious thought, he agreed to have the snip snip done. Not the right choice for every couple, but it works for us.

jmar1116
02-23-2013, 05:09 PM
I want one more. But after that I'm done and i want to seriously consider the snipe snipe :-)

anthonyjbro760
02-23-2013, 07:12 PM
I'm all freaked out bout my electrolytes cause the were a number under and I haven't had a appitate my anxiety is driving me off the wall never been this bad so bad I'm drinking lemon,lime,seasalt,orange mixed with 1 liter of water :/ whats wrong with me

weary
02-23-2013, 07:19 PM
I'm all freaked out bout my electrolytes cause the were a number under and I haven't had a appitate my anxiety is driving me off the wall never been this bad so bad I'm drinking lemon,lime,seasalt,orange mixed with 1 liter of water :/ whats wrong with me

Anthonyjbro760- take a few deep breathes what do you think is triggering the anxiety? I know you started some new meds and you were feeling a bit odd. Also try power ade or Gatorade or the pedi lite Popsicle s those work for me when feeling a bit under I'm up if you need to chat

anthonyjbro760
02-23-2013, 07:22 PM
I obsessive bout my health :/

anthonyjbro760
02-23-2013, 07:23 PM
I'm tring to stay off off google

weary
02-23-2013, 07:41 PM
Noooooooo googling you know that will not end good ... I too have health anxiety I am always afraid I will not wake up in the morning or if no no one is hope and I have to shower I am afraid I will pass out ... It is s are stuff we deal with on a daily basis. I know it is hard and you have some up coming blood tests which can be very scary all I can tell you is try the breathing and maybe some meditation so that you can find a peaceful place in you mind and let the worries fade

jmar1116
02-23-2013, 08:08 PM
I've had the same fears!!! Showering when no one home... Being home alone... Not waking up...just crazy fears in general!!! Has anyone with anxiety felt extra fatigued??

weary
02-23-2013, 08:18 PM
Jmar1116 I am dealing with fatigue bad right now but I think it is because they upped my meds and this was one of the side affects I got when I first started I will give it another week if I still feel funky I will call my dr

joshhiboii
02-24-2013, 02:15 AM
Im not on any meds atm but my anxiety is high righ now feel very nausea and very fatiqued heavy eyes does my nut in lol