PDA

View Full Version : Facebook gives me bad anxiety

paul_aus
02-22-2013, 06:15 AM
call me nuts but does anyone else get bad anxiety from Facebook when waiting for people to reply?

I've actually stop using it about 6 months ago due to this reason. I find the same reason with sms, if people don't get back to me within that day it does my head in

sazco
02-22-2013, 12:03 PM
i deleted my facebook because of gad i see no point in having it in my life, and my sister makes my gad worse she tags me in everything.

foofoonurse
02-22-2013, 12:05 PM
I get anxiety as I click on my boyfriends Facebook and see nasty comments from women!! I deactivated my account because of it! It causes a lot of problems.

omoplata
02-22-2013, 05:38 PM
Yep. Most of the pics and things people post on fb are just crap. I feel like people are just trying to form fb alliances. Like somethings wrong with you if you dont "like" or "share" a pic that everyone likes.

trinidiva
02-22-2013, 06:58 PM
Yep. Most of the pics and things people post on fb are just crap. I feel like people are just trying to form fb alliances. Like somethings wrong with you if you dont "like" or "share" a pic that everyone likes.

I enjoy FB....but I don't allow people to "pressure" me into responding if I don't want to. I do maintain my page though, because I keep in touch with family in other countries.

omoplata
02-22-2013, 10:52 PM
Trinidiva you got the right attitude towards fb....I'm too old to be influenced by peer pressure.

mellymel
02-23-2013, 09:45 AM
I love fb! It takes my mind off things and I don't fee alone throughout the day when it's a day that's bad :)

Saldav
02-23-2013, 11:35 AM
I started to hate Facebook because it's like a popularity contest to see who has the most friends, likes, pokes etc. But what really pist me of is those disturbing pics of kids being abused and them posting "like" if you are against child abuse ignore if you are a child abuser. That's fucken stupid.

I only have people on my FB that I've actually met or they my family.

mellymel
02-23-2013, 11:48 AM
I started to hate Facebook because it's like a popularity contest to see who has the most friends, likes, pokes etc. But what really pist me of is those disturbing pics of kids being abused and them posting "like" if you are against child abuse ignore if you are a child abuser. That's fucken stupid.

I only have people on my FB that I've actually met or they my family.

I hate those pics too! Its so dumb. Another thing I don't like is when people post terrible events from the news for everyone to see. I don't watch the news because it stresses me out, but then I end up seeing bad things anyways because ppl post it all over. But overall I like fb.

trinidiva
02-23-2013, 04:08 PM
I hate those pics too! Its so dumb. Another thing I don't like is when people post terrible events from the news for everyone to see. I don't watch the news because it stresses me out, but then I end up seeing bad things anyways because ppl post it all over. But overall I like fb.

Yes, I agree. I hate those type of posts. Or the pictures of gross things, one time I saw one thing that left me thinking about it for weeks, someone like me with health anxiety just can't handle those types of things.....

canadagrl
02-23-2013, 04:57 PM
I love fb! It takes my mind off things and I don't fee alone throughout the day when it's a day that's bad :)

I love FB too! It's a wonderful distraction for me as well

omoplata
02-24-2013, 02:21 AM
I know that most of the issues that I have with fb are the same issues that I have in real life but placed into a cyber setting. So I guess you could say that I suffer from a "cyber" social anxiety disorder or c-sad? Is there even such a thing? Lol!... How about a treatment? Why doesnt this forum give me the same anxiety as fb?

scared44
02-24-2013, 02:45 AM
FB is crappy, cruel and full of idiots posting crap.....!

sazco
02-24-2013, 08:52 AM
FB is crappy, cruel and full of idiots posting crap.....!

you said it :) plain and simple

omoplata
02-24-2013, 09:32 AM
So true.......

Saldav
02-24-2013, 09:13 PM
I like turtles!