PDA

View Full Version : Does your anxiety pull you inward?

CoreyK
06-22-2007, 01:38 AM
Does anybody elses anxiety pull them drastically "inward"?

When I am feeling anxious, I feel trapped inside my own head, trapped inside my thoughts. I become obsessed with thinking about thought and the idea of my own consciousness, and feel alone.
It gets so bad that I feel like I don't even know what I am anymore, I don't even feel like a person. Like I'm clostrophobic inside my own body and want out. It's hard to describe, but rather than the free feeling of just intracting and being one with the environment and fluid I feel so "singular" and isolated and thick, like I'm just a brain inside an body. I feel so isolated from everything around me.
I mentally overanalyze my own thoughts. It makes me feel like the feelings and thoughts that I'm having are unimportant and less "human".
The fluidity of thought and emotion that usually is so free and natural and "outside" of myself all of a sudden feels foreign and broken and pulled inward.

I'm sorry if I'm not explaining this too well, but I was just extremely anxious and have calmed down a bit after some xanax and feeling calmer but more tired.
Just wanted to know if anyone else gets these feelings.
I will make a post in a day or two about my backstory.
Thanks for reading.

blur
06-22-2007, 04:01 AM
know what you mean...
on a related note.. hollywood needs to make a movie about the 'real' anxiety

i was just thinkin of how the movie would look inside my head while i was at work yesterday

CoreyK
06-22-2007, 07:45 AM
I suppose I'm asking because

1) It's nice to see some people feel the same and
2) Am wondering if the anxiety brings about these feelings, or the feelings bring about the anxiety.

I would guess that it's a little bit of both - when I feel anxious I start to feel this way, think about it more, get more anxious etc..

blaze1dave
06-25-2007, 01:17 AM
i f#cking hate it

Music_lover
06-25-2007, 09:41 PM
yeah i understand what you mean. i don't like it. =\