PDA

View Full Version : Tight achey chest everyday?

james1321
02-21-2013, 09:59 AM
I have this every day and can't stop thinking I have a heart problem. I've had 3 ekgs last one was October last year and blood tests was perfect. I am only 24 this one symptom above all others drives me crazy.

raggamuffin
02-21-2013, 10:03 AM
Very very commong anxiety symptom. The more fear and worry you allow it the longer it'll last. I had it lasting months every siongle hour. It drove me crazy too, with worry and fear. This worry and fear makes your brian perceive a danger. But not a danger like an angry dog in a room, whereby you can get out of the room and return to normal and feel safe. With anxiety you perceive this danger, feel the symptoms, convince yourself there is danger and the vicious cycle continues.

This will kick in the fight or flight response. Adrenaline filled blood rushes around the body to fight or fly. When there's an angry dog in the romo that's great. When you feel scared you're ill, going to die or have some disease there is no means to leave the angry dog in the room. You never truly feel safe. This adrenaline filled blood is pumped to the chest wall msucles to protect vital organs from impact by strengthening the msucles. An ingenius system.

however when this occurs day in day out what occurs? Muscle fatigue and tension. Chest tightness and aching. Som,etimes sudden sharp stabbing pains, sometimes dull long lasting pains. Soemtimes it feels like someone is sat on your chest. All perfectly normal.

it's your body showing you it's had enough stress and worry. Don't add to it by fearing the symptoms. let them come and go. Continue your day as normal.

The more you understand anxiety the more you can rationalize what's occuring in your body. The sooner you start removing the fear and worry about symptoms, the sooner anxiety has nothing to feed off and you will strat to feel better.

It takes time, even when you've reached acceptance it will take weeks, if not months to wind up symptom and pain free.

Ed

Hidalgo21
02-21-2013, 10:14 AM
Very very commong anxiety symptom. The more fear and worry you allow it the longer it'll last. I had it lasting months every siongle hour. It drove me crazy too, with worry and fear. This worry and fear makes your brian perceive a danger. But not a danger like an angry dog in a room, whereby you can get out of the room and return to normal and feel safe. With anxiety you perceive this danger, feel the symptoms, convince yourself there is danger and the vicious cycle continues.

This will kick in the fight or flight response. Adrenaline filled blood rushes around the body to fight or fly. When there's an angry dog in the romo that's great. When you feel scared you're ill, going to die or have some disease there is no means to leave the angry dog in the room. You never truly feel safe. This adrenaline filled blood is pumped to the chest wall msucles to protect vital organs from impact by strengthening the msucles. An ingenius system.

however when this occurs day in day out what occurs? Muscle fatigue and tension. Chest tightness and aching. Som,etimes sudden sharp stabbing pains, sometimes dull long lasting pains. Soemtimes it feels like someone is sat on your chest. All perfectly normal.

it's your body showing you it's had enough stress and worry. Don't add to it by fearing the symptoms. let them come and go. Continue your day as normal.

The more you understand anxiety the more you can rationalize what's occuring in your body. The sooner you start removing the fear and worry about symptoms, the sooner anxiety has nothing to feed off and you will strat to feel better.

It takes time, even when you've reached acceptance it will take weeks, if not months to wind up symptom and pain free.

Ed

Wow good one , every time I want to do exercise or do something I get that stabbing pain is awful but I guess I have to keep going n confront the fear of thinking something is gonna happen to me , even tho sometimes I feel out breath is so annoying but good answer .

Hidalgo21
02-21-2013, 10:14 AM
I have this every day and can't stop thinking I have a heart problem. I've had 3 ekgs last one was October last year and blood tests was perfect. I am only 24 this one symptom above all others drives me crazy.

I can't stop thinking about it either man I knownhow you feel.

james1321
02-22-2013, 04:29 AM
It's sucks man hopefully we all get over it in time just got to be positive I suppose :)