PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety, depression or GI problem?

v-lo
02-21-2013, 08:13 AM
Two weeks ago I got a bad BAD stomach virus. After the virus came and went, I began to experience anxiety about getting sick to my stomach again. With anxiety about worrying about getting sick again would upset my stomach, and I would not eat which threw off my eating habits.

So now my stomach becomes knotted up, then I get an anxiety attack that the pain will get worse and get sick again and it just keeps going in circles. My anxiety feeds my stomach problems and my stomach problems feed my anxiety. Its been so bad that I can’t even sleep at night.

After having these symptoms on and off for almost 3 weeks I feel like everything has been thrown off. Everything in my body is imbalanced and when I’m not feeling the symptoms of anxiety or stomach knots, I kind of feel empty and depressed. Is my body just tired and traumatized from what it went through for several days?

3 weeks ago before I got my stomach virus, my life was perfect (well not perfect) but perfect for me.
I’m not sure if I really have bad anxiety or depression or a real GI (stomach problem). Or did I just scare myself and imbalance everything in my body?

Has anyone ever experienced anything similar?