PDA

View Full Version : Meds

mrsmischief
02-20-2013, 10:39 PM
Hey. My doctor has me on celexa. Which has worked for me in the past, and klonopin during the day. I like the klonopin cause i can still function on it. However i am still panicking and i cant sleep so she added trazodone at night. Has anyone been on trazodone? Looking for some feedback on it. I always get anxious trying new meds without other peoples experiences about it.

Ahlstrom
02-20-2013, 11:33 PM
I took some the first night I was in a self help (psych ward) center. The nurse warned me not to stand up to fast but I thought she was speaking like procedurely. I took it and laid down on my bed and 30 minutes later got up to take a piss. My whole vision whited out and I collapsed on the ground. I got back up and called for help from a nurse, running to her in the hallway I barely got half my sentence out before it knocked me on my ass again.

For me at least it was like a tranquilizer dart had hit me, I hate to tell you bad stories about it but it's what I experienced. Just try it and DO NOT get up after you take it.

mrsmischief
02-21-2013, 09:35 PM
Im taking a half dose tonight cause i have to work at 8am. It had me sleeping for 12 hours last night! I luckily read about the dizzy problem from getting up too fast ahead of time and I've dealt with meds that had that same side effect before so i knew to not dismiss it. Just glad there wasn't too much else bad about your experience. I always feel weird about new meds. Thanks for sharing with me. :)

Ahlstrom
02-22-2013, 12:37 AM
No problem! But yeah Klonopin's "May cause dizziness." warning label is a complete joke compared to that stuff.

bajablue
02-22-2013, 05:46 PM
Traz is an older med that has worked well for many people. I took it almost 15 years ago when sleep was an issue and it was helpful. Give it a shot to work and remember - if the Klonopin does not work there are other Benzos to try. Ativan works best for me now. I took Klonopin as needed for many years - never often enough to build up a dependency but it stopped working after a while. I switched to Ativan and boom - worked like a charm.

anthonyjbro760
02-22-2013, 08:41 PM
Took celexa for first time and it feels even worse I gotta try to get a hold of my doc I feel like I lost my mind complete and felt like I was dying at same time ativan helped a little has anybody ever had bad time with this med

mrsmischief
02-23-2013, 06:07 AM
Ive never had a bad time with celexa. It takes time for it to become effective though.

Soundguy1000
02-23-2013, 03:24 PM
Has anyone taken Escitalopram? Newest Med I'm tryin out...also take Adivan which def quells the attack.

anthonyjbro760
02-23-2013, 03:30 PM
Guess the celexa takes time jus makes me feel kind of mild anxiety I take a ativan n feel a lil one day at a time

mrsmischief
02-24-2013, 01:23 AM
Guess the celexa takes time jus makes me feel kind of mild anxiety I take a ativan n feel a lil one day at a time

Stick with it