PDA

View Full Version : What a day!

manz82
02-20-2013, 01:29 PM
Some insight needed please people.

I have had a pretty bad headache today and been having one of them 'I can't be bothered' days.
My friend asked me to take her to the shopping centre in my car and I was immediately nervous but tried to ignore the feelings and go anyway. Then when I was getting out of the car the most god almighty panic attack whacked me. It felt like it came from nowhere and it scared the shit out of me! But the strangest thing that happened was my whole face and head felt numb. I really thought I was gunna drop dead on the spot. So my question is, what the hell was the numb feeling? Have any of you felt like this during a stinker of a panic attack? It really, really scared me. X

Malyn
02-20-2013, 06:31 PM
Yes that happened to me and I also get dizzy. The reason you are numb is you are hyperventilating and running out of oxygen.

Do you get dizzy too?

manz82
02-21-2013, 05:43 AM
I do get the occasional dizzy feeling but it wasn't dizziness I felt yesterday. It was more of a shaky/numb feeling throughout my body, especially in my head, and I felt really confused and lost, as though I was never going to get out of it and something terrible was about to happen. Scary stuff _ but I got up today and got on with things. I took the kids to school, went to my dads, took my niece and nephew to the park, all with feeling weird and kind of spacey but I'm just trying to occupy myself. Hopefully I am strong enough to just carry on. Do you get the numbness and dizziness? X