PDA

View Full Version : New to the forum

elle86
02-20-2013, 05:17 AM
Hi all I'm new to this forum. Had anxiety for a bery long time. Been trying this herbal thing called "remotiv" it seems to work and a spray called rescue rememdy. But this last week I've been having back to back panic attacks :( headaches dizziness shakes feeling scared... anything you wanna know just ask. Here for support as no one really knows what someone with anxiety goes through unless they have it themselfs.

Brooke Crane
02-20-2013, 05:29 AM
Hi Elle86.

I am new here too! So far so good! I am sorry to hear you've had a bad week with panic attacks :(. I hope you feel better soon. x

elle86
02-20-2013, 05:43 AM
Hi :) good too see someone else is new here too :) hoping this forum might help out

joshhiboii
02-20-2013, 06:12 AM
Hey you having any other symptoms you've realised feel tired irritable atall?

elle86
02-20-2013, 12:23 PM
Yeah I'm always tired I started taking a multi vitamin called "alive" helps a little but but dunno if I'm always tired bcoz of anxiety or bcoz of having 2 kids under 3 and studying etc

elle86
02-20-2013, 12:23 PM
And yeh sometimes I'm irratable and get on edge and snappy

mrnewbigginzg
02-20-2013, 01:06 PM
And yeh sometimes I'm irratable and get on edge and snappy

Have you tried meditation Can really help Or some hypnotherapy That can help to It's really hard trying to find a balance between wok and other things in life But you must remember stress is a natural thing is when it gets to extremes you need to seek medical advice or take medication To solve the problem Have you tried any of these things ?

elle86
02-20-2013, 03:04 PM
I haven't tried medication from the doctors yet. Ive been able to manage it so far without it. I've been using a tablet called remotiv and the rescue remedy spray.

mrnewbigginzg
02-20-2013, 03:12 PM
I haven't tried medication from the doctors yet. Ive been able to manage it so far without it. I've been using a tablet called remotiv and the rescue remedy spray.

You're right but sometimes it is necessary To get day-to-day tasks done

elle86
02-20-2013, 03:21 PM
Yes it is.

Some days are worse than others. I'm just usin turning to meds as a last resort. My partner is on them and yeh

mrnewbigginzg
02-23-2013, 11:49 AM
Yes it is.

Some days are worse than others. I'm just usin turning to meds as a last resort. My partner is on them and yeh

Good attitude to have About a year ago my attitude was totally different Was focusing all on medication rather than life itself Hope all goes well for you

bajablue
02-23-2013, 06:35 PM
If you can make it, progress and live a full life without meds you are well ahead of many of us on this site. But do not exclude the possibility that things could be better with meds and with Cognitive Behavior Therapy (which to me was the real start to understanding why I have anxiety).

There is this quote I saved from another site that resonated with me:

"A psychologist walked around a room while teaching stress management to an audience. As she raised a glass of water, everyone expected they’d be asked the “half empty or half full” question. Instead, with a smile on her face, she inquired: “How heavy is this glass of water?”

Answers called out ranged from 8 oz. to 20 oz.

She replied, “The absolute weight doesn’t matter. It depends on how long I hold it. If I hold it for a minute, it’s not a problem. If I hold it for an hour, I’ll have an ache in my arm. If I hold it for a day, my arm will feel numb and paralyzed. In each case, the weight of the glass doesn’t change, but the longer I hold it, the heavier it becomes.” She continued, “The stresses and worries in life are like that glass of water. Think about them for a while and nothing happens. Think about them a bit longer and they begin to hurt. And if you think about them all day long, you will feel paralyzed – incapable of doing anything.”

Cog Therapy can help you understand this and to work through whatever you are carrying around that is too heavy.

mrnewbigginzg
02-25-2013, 08:29 AM
If you can make it, progress and live a full life without meds you are well ahead of many of us on this site. But do not exclude the possibility that things could be better with meds and with Cognitive Behavior Therapy (which to me was the real start to understanding why I have anxiety).

There is this quote I saved from another site that resonated with me:

"A psychologist walked around a room while teaching stress management to an audience. As she raised a glass of water, everyone expected they’d be asked the “half empty or half full” question. Instead, with a smile on her face, she inquired: “How heavy is this glass of water?”

Answers called out ranged from 8 oz. to 20 oz.

She replied, “The absolute weight doesn’t matter. It depends on how long I hold it. If I hold it for a minute, it’s not a problem. If I hold it for an hour, I’ll have an ache in my arm. If I hold it for a day, my arm will feel numb and paralyzed. In each case, the weight of the glass doesn’t change, but the longer I hold it, the heavier it becomes.” She continued, “The stresses and worries in life are like that glass of water. Think about them for a while and nothing happens. Think about them a bit longer and they begin to hurt. And if you think about them all day long, you will feel paralyzed – incapable of doing anything.”

Cog Therapy can help you understand this and to work through whatever you are carrying around that is too heavy.

What a brilliant statement never thought o it that way and its probably true thanks for that