PDA

View Full Version : Fighting my anxious feelings like crazy...

trinidiva
02-19-2013, 01:49 PM
So, today has been a tough day. I've just been feeling a little off most of the day. Not sure why....I've felt pretty good for the past few days. I'm really fighting the feelings though....and refuse to let it take over. I'm still going to my exercise class tonight although I truly feel like climbing in my bed, pulling the covers up and not doing anything. I just feel like if I give in, I'm letting my anxiety disorder win. I hope you all are having a good day, I would love to hear how you all are doing today.

mellymel
02-19-2013, 03:00 PM
I think you should def do your exercise class. You will probably feel a lot better after :)

julie_essex
02-19-2013, 03:13 PM
I am new to this site. I always try to keep busy during the day and am fine most of the time during the day as I keep my mind busy it is night times that are such a struggle. I am trying to get fit again but am a little fearful when I exercise that something is going to happen to me. I push myself to do it but sometimes I worry I might have pushed myself too hard and that causes a panic attack later at night. I think you are right to not let your anxiety try and stop you from doing positive things, but am very sympathetic as I feel exactly the same on an off day.

Hidalgo21
02-19-2013, 03:27 PM
I feel the same way , I have always been super active now I have fear of exercise cause I think something is gonna happen to me but ima start with baby steps

trinidiva
02-19-2013, 06:24 PM
I think you should def do your exercise class. You will probably feel a lot better after :)

Well, I just got back from the exercise class, and I'm so happy I decided to go. I feel much better now, better than I've felt all day. I am now going to settle in with some tea and some light tv and then turn in. Thanks to all for the words of encouragement.

mellymel
02-19-2013, 06:26 PM
That's great, glad to hear it! :)

bajablue
02-19-2013, 08:19 PM
I really could not live with this without it.

cabcom
02-20-2013, 09:56 AM
Yep, which is the only good thing about anxiety...it drives us to make better health related choices. Exercise has helped me get off paxil. It's just a natural way to cope, though it can be difficult to maintain....but very recommended.

trinidiva
02-20-2013, 12:55 PM
Yep, which is the only good thing about anxiety...it drives us to make better health related choices. Exercise has helped me get off paxil. It's just a natural way to cope, though it can be difficult to maintain....but very recommended.

Yes, it can be difficult to maintain, some days I truly feel like skipping it, but once I'm there and taking the class, I feel so much better.