PDA

View Full Version : I have a higher IQ than the average person

R8DRN8SHN
06-20-2007, 09:28 PM
OK so I did a number of tests with the school psychologist and she determined that I have an IQ higher than the average person but I dont know if I should believe that because I have anxiety. Does it mean I can be a little retarded/disabled at the same time? Or why do they put me in a class of people with learning disabilities ? Its kind of embaressing because theres a guy in there thats always talking to himself and wanking in the guys locker room.

V for Victor
06-21-2007, 08:58 AM
I'm afraid you've gotten the misconception that anxiety/depression are handicaps, and mean you're "retarded." This is most certainly not the case.

Do you have any specific learning disabilities? I'm not sure if anxiety would be classed as one, but I'm thinking not. Any other problems that might prompt them to put you in there? Maybe you ought to speak up about it. There could've been a mistake or something.

vaio
06-22-2007, 04:48 AM
Actually most of anxious people have high IQ.
If you were retarded, it would be pretty hard to get anxious unless you had some kind of trauma, because you actually need good brain and logic to imagine all this terrible things that might happen when you are anxious. Actually all these situations and diseases we are thinking about when we are anxious are plausible, but the chance for them to happen is so low, that we have more benefits if we just try not think about them.

greenleaf
07-01-2007, 11:34 PM
Yea I agree. Actually since your brain needs to be working over time to produce anxiety while your mind is processing other things you need a strong mind. The better the mind the worst anxiety can be. I don't know if that is good or bad news. lol. But people of less intelligence are usually in their happy world. A lot of anxiety is produced by a higher education and an understanding of things around you. The higher understanding and education means more to worry about.... And more your brain can remember. I sincerely doubt you are of low intelligence.

Learning disabilities can even be from anxiety. Like a computer proccessor your brain is not completely focusing on what you are doing because it is busy thinking about other things in the back of your mind. Even so, it can also be caused by eyesight, moods, sleep, the list goes on. You will probably learn more than the other students in the long run. You are lucky! I had eyesight problems causing double vision when I was little. They put me in special classes because they thought something was wrong. They sent me to shrinks and everything. I didn't want to be in special classes. I felt embarrassed. Looking back, I was lucky. It took 15 years before they figured out I had a strange eye sight problem after going to many eye doctors. I have glasses now and can see everything. lol.

Intelligence is not a grade on a test or a class you are in.

R8DRN8SHN
07-03-2007, 11:56 PM
Well they did say that I had learning disabilities but I don't know exactly which one. Maybe they think I have a "difficult" time expressing myself. Which is true because of my Social Anxiety Disorder and what people think about me. I sometimes feel like saying high or bye to a teacher but am too embaressed or something. I have answers in my head but dont say them! Oh yeah and I also have comprehension problems but that I can work on with reading(something I barely do).