PDA

View Full Version : Do you get jealous of other people who dont suffer from anxiety/depression?

thatyuckyfeeling
02-17-2013, 04:43 AM
I am always looking around seeing people smiling and get so jealous it turns into hatred of people. Even if I don't know them! I've suffered so much my entire life and hate how unfair the world can be in terms of the majority of people being able to have a clear head and be happy. I also get mad at myself for feeling this way towards others.

alankay
02-17-2013, 07:22 AM
Well, it's more of an envy for me. Alankay

thatyuckyfeeling
02-17-2013, 09:29 AM
I agree, envy is probably a more accurate description. Thanks!

anxiousmal
02-17-2013, 11:03 AM
I think you need to remeber everyone has their problems. I dont know anyone who doesnt. They may not be anxious like people here but alot of people are dealing with things or have dealt with things. You can't look at people and presume they are happy cos the reality is they have thier lives and what they have been through maybe 100 times worse than you can imagine.

I totally understand the resentment of people that do not have to deal with stuff, but it's wasted and makes you feel more rubbish than what you are already.

jessed03
02-18-2013, 05:53 AM
Yeah, I used to do this a lot! I used to watch tv, and look at people in the park, behaving normally, and think, it must be so lovely to wake up with a 'normal' body, and live life without stomach wrenching fear, and unshakable vertigo.
Actually it became a bit of an obsession for me. Started making me really bitter and resentful actually. I became like an old man, getting annoyed at anybody showing the slightest bit of happiness haha! I knew then it was time to really let this thing go. Like A-mal said, a lot of people struggle in their lives. Everybody has to face their war at some stage. Not an easy thing to get passed at all, no envy is really. I guess inviting good feelings into my life, and ignoring the bad ones really helped my overall wellbeing, and overall wellbeing really helps anxiety :)

Moonstone
02-18-2013, 11:14 AM
I sit on my first floor balconey to hAve a cig and watch ppl go by and I have caught myself thinking that I wish I were like them...why me? Made me feel worse...But tHe truth is that look at all the ppl in therapy, here and other sites that deal with A & D addictions and conditions like cancer and the like. We R not alone in our suffering whether it be long or short. SO many ppl deal with so much! So much. Some cAn hide their sufferings better than others. Sometimes I can "appear" even happy. If ppl appear happy maybe they are and haven't gone thru much.....yet. We all go thru something at one time or another. No one goes through life unscathed.

Today I try, to look at happy ppl and think " I can be like that to one day" and believe that. Or I just ignore them LOL
But truth be told I am envious of ppl who can go to work and do a good job. I use to be able to but can't work now. Maybe one day. I am glad that I live in a country where there is help to get better. And forum like this. I try and look at the glass half full. Perception is so much of it and at times I need a shift in my perception. That is for sure!!