PDA

View Full Version : muscles twitching - need some help!

Martin
06-17-2007, 05:36 AM
Hi,
all started with 3 years ago when I was diagnosed with chronic pelvic pain syndrome. Immediately after I started to notice a high level of fatigue and of course many worries and stress and anxiety because the symptoms I experienced were new for me. Periodically I had dizziness and slight balance problems and all these kind of symptoms which could make you think at neurological problems. All these years I was under a lot of stress and anxiety.
Now I have hypnik jerks and muscle twitches all over my body especially when I am stressed and trying to relax.for three months now Please let me know if anyone else have had these and could that be related to anxiety or stress? And if it is from anxiety could these signs persist so long time?(could it persist as long as one has a problem of anxiety even for years?)
Many thanks,
Martin

Chalen
06-17-2007, 09:58 AM
Yes, I had muscle twitches (amongst other symptoms!). Did lots of self destructive research on the internet & convinced myself I had a neurological disorder. Only started to worry less when I found out a friend had a similar issue. Probably lasted in all for a bit over two months but scared the cr*p out of me.

Slim comfort I know but all I can say is you're not alone, & try to distract yourself as much as possible.

Cheers
:)

vaio
06-22-2007, 05:21 AM
There are many causes.
The most common is the lack of electrolytes from the body(calcium, magnesium) which can get lower because of extra consuming during stress situations.
I also have these problems and subconciously I fear of neurological problem.