PDA

View Full Version : airplane claustrophobia

omoplata
02-16-2013, 04:44 AM
Going to be on an airplane for about 12hrs today. The flying part doesnt bother me. Its the trapped feeling I get in those tiny economy airplane seats. Initially I didnt feel like it was going to be a problem. But now a couple of hours out I am starting to freak. I am so not looking forward to this.

laurandisorder
02-16-2013, 05:35 AM
This is a really rational fear, but you'll be fine. Take plenty of things to distract you and if you're feeling terrible, just tell one of the flight attendants - they are all trained to deal with phobic fliers.

trinidiva
02-16-2013, 06:47 AM
I agree with Lauren. I'm a terribly nervous flyer, and any time I've mentioned it to the flight attendants, they have been very nice and helpful.

omoplata
02-16-2013, 07:50 AM
Thank you all and I will heed the good advice. I am at the airport now and feeling better. Thanks again.

Malyn
02-16-2013, 10:44 AM
How did the flight go. I have the same problem too that's why it is hard for me to go on vacation.

trinidiva
02-16-2013, 11:17 AM
Thank you all and I will heed the good advice. I am at the airport now and feeling better. Thanks again.

Let us know how it goes!

omoplata
02-17-2013, 12:22 PM
Great flight! When I boarded the airplane I voiced my concerns about anxiety to the flight attendant. Immediately she moved my seat closer to where the attendants were. It was an area closer where if need be I could get up more freely without bothering others. Sometimes I felt like a kid because of the individual attention I was getting. Always being asked how I was doing and if i needed anything. I guess they understand the seriousness of someone freaking out during a flight. Anyways it was as comfortable as a long flight could get in economy. Lol! Thanks again all!

trinidiva
02-17-2013, 01:32 PM
Wonderful!!!!! See, it all worked out!!!!!