PDA

View Full Version : I'm too afraid to work :(

sazco
02-15-2013, 07:26 PM
I am scared to death to be in the city I'm in I don't like macho guys or too attractive of women being around me either. I'm scared to death because if I work I'll be making money yes but I will see attractive people everywhere I go and I get so nervous.

Also I'm trying to quit smoking, I hear paxil wears off when you smoke tobacco so I'm doing my best to quit for that reason.

Any suggestions? I dont want to have a panic attack for no reason especially at work!

Sentinelle
02-16-2013, 03:52 AM
Hey I am also getting that in the last few months I am afraid to go to work and I feel much worse when I'm at work on the brick of a panick attack. I am afraid of fainting at work or while waiting for the bus to go LOL. I know it's not funny but I am trying to joke about it cause I can't take it anymore. I have taken a lot of sick leave recently. I do get anxious when I am around people too I never was like this I'm a very outgoing person! I put music in my ears and try to concentrate on other things - Not easy though.

sazco
02-18-2013, 03:19 PM
Yeah I'm very outgoing too I always used to smile and never had a problem! We can figure this out together.

Sentinelle
02-24-2013, 08:35 AM
Hey have you overcome your phobia of going to work? :) I still haven't I am forcing myself to wake up in the morning and I think this paranoia is also effecting my social life too. I don't feel like going out lately. I used to be so outgoing always partying and staff but it seems a long time ago!

sazco
02-24-2013, 08:49 AM
i hope you do overcome it im feeling better and better everyday but i need to go find a job and see :) i really think im ready but time will tell :)

Sentinelle
02-24-2013, 09:46 AM
Good Luck on finding a job myfriend and I'm happy you feel better that's a good start. Keep it up x

sazco
02-24-2013, 08:16 PM
i'm doing my best thats for sure i go to the most crowded places and do what i normally cant without my med and the change has been a miracle as well as a surprise, have you thought about medication?

evettehg
02-25-2013, 04:14 PM
Hello wow i feel the same way i am a CHHA and sometimes i cant wait for my shift to end just to go home and i am afraid to drive alone so i take my pill just to calm myself down....I cant wait to wake up oneday and feel fully normal...

OvercomeIt
03-03-2013, 10:39 AM
Yea it can be difficult...but your better off working and making money while struggling than sitting at home and not growing...

sazco
03-19-2013, 02:08 AM
thats true. i am a smoker i wonder how id be as a worker if i wasnt a smoker.