PDA

View Full Version : Today's challenge

Gar
02-15-2013, 12:54 PM
I woke up today a 4:30 am to hit the gym before I went to work. I had to force myself out of the house but once I finished my hour workout (back and triceps) I felt at least 35% less anxious (generalized anxiety). If you are taking the time to read this and have been afraid to complete or try to complete a specific fear inducing activity like leave your house, drive over a bridge, make a doctors appointment, make a lab appointment, etc. I challenge you to take small steps or jump in and face your fears today. I remember my first panic attack was in my car driving over a bridge/ overpass. I was not able to drive for about 5 wks after that. My poor girlfriend had to drive me everywhere until one day I told myself F---- it, I'm going to find the biggest bridge (Bay-Bridge at the time) and drive over it or die trying. I made it and I wish I could say that my fear instantly disappeared but it didn't. What did happen was that I was able to drive to school and work by myself and it became easier over time. I still hate driving over high bridges like The GoldenGate but the key is that I'm able to. We have to face our fears and continue to live our lives as "normal as possible" not only for ourselves but for the people we love. Please write and let everyone know what you faced and accomplished today or in the passed. We all need motivation and it would help me to hear all of your success stories big and small.