PDA

View Full Version : whenever I feel happy, I immeditaly start to feel crappy THAT SECOND ..WHY?! help

mglover92
02-15-2013, 12:59 AM
So I have a problem right now. Thankfully I have gotten over my panic attacks and they no longer are a problem. Thank the lord. But my head is not in the right spot and I still have anxious thoughts and its quite annoying. I do not want my panic attacks to come back so I am trying to combat this problem asap and get over it. Basically right now my problem is that whenever I start to feel happy or something good happens to me I IMMEDIATELY start to feel anxious again. Not so much as anxious but I just start to have what if thoughts. Basically negative thoughts. I believe these thoughts are happening to me because I ALWAYS feel like this feeling of being "happy" is not going to last and tomorrow I could wake up feeling like shit again. So my mind immediately switches over to being negative and being scared. I really cant explain it. Am I just not use to feeling happy? I have had anxiety for months and finally got rid of my panic attacks but like I said, I am not fully healed yet and this is really the hardest fucking part. I will give an example of what i'm talking about.

So right now I am a film student. I am saving up for a Red Epic M camera. Its pretty expensive but the money is coming in great and its starting to pay off. I want the cam to start shooting films and working on my cinematography. But basically I got paid today and I thought about owning the camera, imagining myself with the camera, and thinking of how amazing it would be to own it. I started thinking of ideas of what I am going to shoot with it first. I felt happy thinking about it. Well once I started thinking of those things, immediately a negative, nervous thought and feeling came to me. I really dont know why...but it seems to happen whenever i feel good about something..its almost like I have to question myself whenever something good happens! Like what the fuck?!!! Does anyone else suffer from this?! I know I cannot be the only one here...Oh and this is random but does anyone get scared of being alone in the house sometimes at night? I ask because last night i was home alone at night and for some reason I just felt anxious..it was random...I know there is nothing to be scared of...but honestly...this sucks...any advice? Please no medication advice. I am not depressed. I love my life and still love my hobbies. But its like a behavioral process that just needs to be fixed so I can continue to feel happy when I feel "happy" I just get scared it wont last...:( Thanks for anyone who responds.

justconfused
02-15-2013, 01:08 AM
I could've posted this myself minus the film student part. I always get this feeling like I might've snapped out of it, then out of nowhere back to it almost instantly because I'm already thinking about next time. Yes I hate being alone. I have trouble even sleeping when noone is around.

mglover92
02-15-2013, 01:11 AM
I could've posted this myself minus the film student part. I always get this feeling like I might've snapped out of it, then out of nowhere back to it almost instantly because I'm already thinking about next time. Yes I hate being alone. I have trouble even sleeping when noone is around.

Glad I am not the only one this happens 2...Its the worst thing ever. One second your cool, then bam, you just question everything...EVEN GOOD THINGS.

justconfused
02-15-2013, 01:16 AM
Yes I know. Sometimes when I'm occupied I'll randomly stop and think is this what normal is like? I almost don't remember if I feel normal all the time and trick myself into thinking I'm worrying or if I actually am. What sucks is I can be happy and start to check myself for something wrong and I'm like why am I letting this happen again.

vanessac
02-15-2013, 02:33 AM
Lol yep I can relate. Ill be doing whatever happily and then all of a sudden ill think to myself, omg I'm happy I'm normal which feels great but then straight after that thought uncomfortable feelings tend to creep in. It really is so strange but the thing to focus on is the fact that you are having normal happy times I can't spk for anyone else but it's a big achievement for me!

thatyuckyfeeling
02-17-2013, 04:36 AM
I understand completely. I feel guilty when I am happy. I feel that I don't deserve to be happy and worry about the next time my anxiety/depression will arise. I'm not sure how I can work on this problem. Maybe I'll do some research and post it when I get a chance.

freakingoutnow
02-17-2013, 09:26 AM
Happens whenever I realize I am happy and feeling good. If I say I am feeling better a few seconds later I will be anxious again.

joshhiboii
02-17-2013, 10:36 AM
Yes this is me I'm suffering from health anxiety witch is sh*t in all fairness ill be doing my thing feeling really happy and start to hunk I'm not ill soon as I thought there I a, thinking of the symtoms I'm having with turns things around : (