PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety and Phobia's, life has been terrible.

Adam
06-15-2007, 01:19 PM
I've been looking for answers for the last 30 years, I've had this problem for the most part of my life though.( Anxiety) I turned to drink years ago because I found out that I could act so called-normal, but life gave me a i, 2 punch, you see I was brought up to keep away from alcohol. Lots of rlatives had abused this stuff. Any way one day, sometime, I don't know when I woke up to finally figure out that I was an alcoholic I became so ashame of my self that I can't be around any one that even talks about drinking, I go through all the anxiety and phobia's, and it is a phobia now and has been for years and never gets better. To keep from being embarrassed I stay away from people. This has ruined my life.
Adam.

imported_admin
07-04-2007, 07:14 PM
Hi Adam,

I think many anxiety sufferers turn to alcohol as a way to feel relaxed, and to drown out their worries/phobias. But as you know this only masks the problem, and makes things worse. You say you have been suffering anxiety for 30 years. Have you tried the usual path of meds and CBT?

Hope all is well...

Admin

kendem26
07-09-2007, 01:20 AM
Adam as admin says if you haven't already you should simply go to the doctor and they will prescribe you something to bring the chemicals in your body to a comfortable level, it also drives home how common this ailment is. You should find some friends who don't drink, either online or through clubs, AA meetings etc and engage yourself in meaningful discourse as opposed to the usual bar room banter. I sincerely hope you can put this behind you and make your life something extraordinary which you know deep down you have the potential to do.