PDA

View Full Version : Paranioa over meds

moonchild1986
02-14-2013, 07:30 AM
So as usual this morn I took my meds. Then shortly after anxiety kicks in. Did I take the right dose ? I'm positive I did otherwise I'd feel pretty unwell by now but the fear is still there.
Any way this lead to me having a massive panic attack. I went dizzy, nauseous, ringing in ears and massive derealization.
I hate feeling like this. Wish it would just end. People wish for a lottery win. I wish for an normal life

Sentinelle
02-14-2013, 09:15 AM
Hey there I took Sertaline a week a go and the same thing happened to me ringing in ears, diarrhea and I almost fainted but I stopped taking them immediately and the ringin in ears still hasn't stopped I hope this will ease cause I can't stand it! However I was told that even if you get used to an anxiety med you still may get those weird symptoms sometimes which sucks! I don't want to take any meds but I can't cope with the panic attacks and tension daily.

bajablue
02-14-2013, 11:51 AM
What would you do if it was your child that was going through what you are? Wouldn't you want them to get all the help possible, including the best meds? Do not beat yourself up - see a good Doctor who is experienced with anxiety - get meds and take them. Do not beat yourself up. I have recovered and continue to recover from serious anxiety/depression over 20 years ago. I have been on SSRIs since they came out. I am healthy and fit. I also always have a prescription for a benzo and ambien so in relapse phases I have something on hand to get me through the rough patches until I see my Doc, we evaluate my SSRI, and eventually I get back to "normal". My kids have been born and grown into men over this stretch. I kept my job. I struggled but kept going. My life has been full and worth living. My sons are strong with human issues like us all. Stayed married - now 29 years. Hope is knowing you are not alone and this too shall pass.

jessy
02-14-2013, 12:29 PM
What would you do if it was your child that was going through what you are? Wouldn't you want them to get all the help possible, including the best meds? Do not beat yourself up - see a good Doctor who is experienced with anxiety - get meds and take them. Do not beat yourself up. I have recovered and continue to recover from serious anxiety/depression over 20 years ago. I have been on SSRIs since they came out. I am healthy and fit. I also always have a prescription for a benzo and ambien so in relapse phases I have something on hand to get me through the rough patches until I see my Doc, we evaluate my SSRI, and eventually I get back to "normal". My kids have been born and grown into men over this stretch. I kept my job. I struggled but kept going. My life has been full and worth living. My sons are strong with human issues like us all. Stayed married - now 29 years. Hope is knowing you are not alone and this too shall pass.

This gives me HOPE, I'm 32 & have suffered anxiety & depression since childhood . I've been through a lot since then , I can accept it , but cannot make it go away .
Jessy x