PDA

View Full Version : Another Wednesday another attack!

kerrielee
02-13-2013, 12:51 PM
Third Wednesday in a row that I've had an attack out of nowhere. Was so nauseous when I got up this morning and camomile tea helped seriously this is just ridiculous. Back killing me too. Think I'm going to go for a swim.

How can anxiety be triggered by a day of the week?! So frustrated

joshhiboii
02-13-2013, 01:18 PM
Cause its wednsday theres still another 2 days till the weekend!!!!!! ; )

bajablue
02-13-2013, 01:40 PM
My therapist would call those "old tape". I have mine too. Break the cycle somehow.

kerrielee
02-13-2013, 04:22 PM
Really babajablu - can I seriously just have a trigger from habit. When I got really bad attacks before Christmas I had them Wednesday to Friday it was the worst experience ever. So I suppose only one day a week is not too bad.

bajablue
02-13-2013, 04:54 PM
I am not sure Kerrie. All I know is that when I was having bad anxiety I started having associations with sounds or rooms in my house that sparked a memory that ignited an anxiety episode. I eventually got past all that by a lot of hard work and strong meds.

abbyholmess
02-13-2013, 06:29 PM
It's self-fulfilling prophecy. You expect it to happen on Wednesday so it does! You get nervous about it and it happens, because you're nervous about it. That happens to me a lot.

cabcom
02-13-2013, 06:32 PM
I think mentally your brain has somehow learnt to expect it on a Wednesday, and anxiety is never one to dissapoint.

rhar
02-14-2013, 03:29 AM
Sounds like me. I talk myself into my attacks even when you don't realize you're doing it..
Slowly but surely you will start to learn not to fear the panic and anxiety and it will get easier. It will still be bloody awful but a better awful. I know bc that's me!!!

kerrielee
02-20-2013, 04:44 AM
Thanks for all your comments guys. Talked to my therapist about this and she reckons it is a tiredness trigger.

Today only have nausea and a bit of derealisation - god so out of it. Haven't taken a Xanax as I'm not too bad no headache or palps,