PDA

View Full Version : New Guy Here

BostonGuy
02-13-2013, 08:31 AM
Good morning everyone

As you can see by my thread title I am a new guy here and hoping to find support and a sounding board for what I am just experiencing.

Two months ago I was sick with pneumonia at the same time my wife and I were going through a very, very stressful period. We are great, no worries there. But, when I started to mend I noticed I was having "phantom" aches and pains. Then by New Years I was in full blown heart palpitations, disconnected foggy headed and deep sense of dread, to name a few symptoms. I was sure I was dying. But then my wife points out that I am in college (stress,) lost my job two years ago (stress,) was really sick (stress,) dealt with our emotional storm (stress,) stopped volunteering with a local organization (disconnected from social outlets) and was generally kind of moody before.

I have come to the realization that I have anxiety. Some days its mild, some days it spaces me out. Other days I feel "almost" normal. I am just getting used to this idea and have yet to broach this subject with a therapist. I will be honest, it ticks me off. I know how close I am to feeling "normal" but there are just those pitfalls that push me into an awful, sad place.

I am sure you've heard all this before, but I hope that the form will be a place of solace as I work through this.

Thanks

jamus75
02-13-2013, 03:47 PM
Sounds textbook to me. Have heart palps too. Like most others here

alankay
02-13-2013, 04:32 PM
Dread, yes, surely anxiety. Alankay