PDA

View Full Version : Taking medicine (what's going on?)

animegirl4ever
02-13-2013, 08:25 AM
So I have an infection and have to take antibiotics the first day I got them (friday) I took two down fine no drama no worries same for Saturday Sunday morning I couldn't get my morning one down properly and ended up swallowing mostly dissolved parts same for tuesday morning and this morning (monday I had no problem tuesday night I had no problem) Could someone explain to me why I can do it sometimes but other times I end up panicking? Also in the mornings my head is stuffed up due to allergies however as I said I went 3 days no problem I have three left (tonight and two tomorrow) I don't want this to be a big ordeal again tonight or the last two tomorrow any ideas?

trinidiva
02-13-2013, 02:40 PM
I have trouble swallowing pills. Just put a tiny bit of water in a glass(enough you can drink in one gulp), toss the pill in a while before you need to take it, then once dissolved, just gulp the whole thing down.I have had too many pills stick in my throat, I don't even try it anymore.

animegirl4ever
02-13-2013, 03:07 PM
I have trouble swallowing pills. Just put a tiny bit of water in a glass(enough you can drink in one gulp), toss the pill in a while before you need to take it, then once dissolved, just gulp the whole thing down.I have had too many pills stick in my throat, I don't even try it anymore.

So your saying put the pill in the water and let is desolve? is that okay? would that make it still effective or more dangerous?

jamus75
02-13-2013, 03:50 PM
It's bc of your anxiety. I have had the same issue before.

animegirl4ever
02-13-2013, 04:43 PM
So what do I do? I have three more to take :/

weary
02-13-2013, 04:50 PM
I hate taking pills I normally take a drink keep the drink in my mouth tilt my head back drop the pill in and then swallow it seems to work for me I normally use pop because of the fizz I can't tell where the pill is before I swallow. Hope this helps good luck have faith that you can get the meds down

trinidiva
02-13-2013, 06:05 PM
So your saying put the pill in the water and let is desolve? is that okay? would that make it still effective or more dangerous?

As long as its not an extended release tablet, it should be fine. You can call your local pharmacy and they will tell you.