PDA

View Full Version : Heartbeat awareness?

Courtneykinns
02-12-2013, 08:59 PM
Ive been having really bad heartbeat awarness lately, i can feel it all the time & ive been super stressed over bills & stuff lately & ive noticed my heartbeat is faster. Anyone else go through this?

bajablue
02-12-2013, 09:15 PM
I had that really bad 20 years ago. It was a time when my awareness of anxiety was nil. I thought every symptom was based on some impending medical tragedy. It took some very intense Cognitive Therapy with a very dedicated therapist plus an SSRI regime. It took a good year of work for me. You can beat it.

jamus75
02-12-2013, 09:25 PM
I have heartbeat awareness all day mostly. I played kinect with my daughter earlier and HR got up. I just breathed through it and was fine. Had a anxious moment but I shut it down. Right now I'm having some indigestion and its causing some pains up high in my chest. They are very mild though but it still has got me anxious. If its not my heart it's my stomach. Two things that make me anxious.

bajablue
02-12-2013, 09:40 PM
Every ache, every heart beat, every twitch. I remember. Maybe what my Doc told me 20 years ago will give you some peace: a healthy hearts dances while a damaged heart marches to a steady beat of drums.
Meaning, fluctuations in heart rhythms is NORMAL while a perfect beat,beat,beat is not. Let your heart dance.

anthonyjbro760
02-12-2013, 11:08 PM
All the time :/

anthonyjbro760
02-12-2013, 11:10 PM
Explain the marching n dancing diff

Courtneykinns
02-12-2013, 11:27 PM
Explain the marching n dancing diff

I think they mean that if your heart always stays at the same beat no matter what you're doing, its not healthy. Like say you're exercising & your heart rate is steady & slow instead if fast like it should be when you're exercising. if your heart beat changes when you are doing other things, its healthy.

anthonyjbro760
02-12-2013, 11:32 PM
When I'm on a treadmill it goes up sometimes freaks me out I'm sure the anxiety had something to do with it

bajablue
02-12-2013, 11:36 PM
Though I am laying in bed I will give a quick answer. Some level of erratic beats is healthy; and yes a heart that steadily marches like a tired soldier is not good.
I have a missed heart beat. Had it since I was a kid and wow it became the center of my health anxiety woes ; turns out I am super fine. My heart has a dancing pattern. I have a 5am conference call so need a few hours of sleep, but I may take a more detailed stab at answering tomorrow

Courtneykinns
02-12-2013, 11:47 PM
When I'm on a treadmill it goes up sometimes freaks me out I'm sure the anxiety had something to do with it

You heart rate should go up when you're exercising, it should be fast when you are. Because you need to pump more blood.
If its slow when exercising thats not good.

anthonyjbro760
02-12-2013, 11:59 PM
It gets up their depending on the excerise

Hidalgo21
02-13-2013, 08:31 PM
i wish i could exercise i have feaar is pretty i hate it!!!!!

anthonyjbro760
02-13-2013, 08:44 PM
Same here I have to start slow. Lately my anxiety has been real bad I feel doomed

Hidalgo21
02-13-2013, 08:51 PM
but i think is bad for me cause i used to run a lot , plus physical workouts that were really intense and know i havent done much just sometimes biking in my house , i wish i can be same the person , but ima start with baby steps

anthonyjbro760
02-13-2013, 09:21 PM
I can't relax my heart rate is stuck between 80-120 all day I think I'm going to die :(

weary
02-13-2013, 09:26 PM
Same here I have to start slow. Lately my anxiety has been real bad I feel doomed

Anthonyjbro760 - have you tried any breathing exercises? Or breathing into a paper bag? This helps me sometimes and if I don't have a paper bag I cup my hand over my mouth and drake a deep breath then exhale just to try to get things to slow down also when I just take in some deep breaths as I exhale I say to my self calm and relaxed and that helps . I hope it starts to settle down for you

anthonyjbro760
02-13-2013, 09:27 PM
Ya but it don't work I'm so scares

weary
02-13-2013, 09:38 PM
Have you tried meditation? I wish there was a way to help you, I know I hate being scared when I am experiencing it but know your not alone. We have all been there and will find a way to help you get past this. What are some of your favorite movies? A question I ask myself sometimes when nothing else works

anthonyjbro760
02-13-2013, 09:57 PM
I'm starting to think I have a underlining condition even though I was in ER few days ago had 2 ekgs n they said nothing to worry about hard to trust when he still feeling these symptoms all day my mind is too obsessed

Hidalgo21
02-14-2013, 06:08 AM
Try Go see a cardiologist , I know how you feel, is annoying feeling does weird n stuff feelings in the chest , like a pinch o stab , or maybe is just a muscle , do you check your heart beat all day ?

Courtneykinns
02-14-2013, 06:19 AM
Try Go see a cardiologist , I know how you feel, is annoying feeling does weird n stuff feelings in the chest , like a pinch o stab , or maybe is just a muscle , do you check your heart beat all day ?

Ive already seen a doctor, everything came back normal. My heart always just seems "on edge" if that makes sense, like at any minute i could have a racing heart or heart palpitations.
I dont really have pain, sometimes.
My heart just races really easily.

Courtneykinns
02-14-2013, 06:19 AM

& yeah i check my heartbeat all day. Its like a ocd

Hidalgo21
02-14-2013, 08:50 AM
& yeah i check my heartbeat all day. Its like a ocd

maybe is just a muscle , or you dont have acid reflux ? how long you been feeling like this ? , what it gets me worse is checking my heart beat evrytime i can , i need to stop doing that but i dont know how to do it is so hard.