PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety, dating & doing stupid things

danceintherain
02-12-2013, 08:35 PM
When it comes to everything, I always assume the worst or most dire about myself or the situation I'm in. It affects my relationships. I have a history of anxiety and depression.

So there's this cute guy from class. We went on a date, but I had to reschedule our second one this past weekend. Anyway, my mind keeps coming up with the worst thoughts ever. Oh, he think that other girl is cuter--he wants to date her. Oh, you look like shit, he's not attracted to you. :(

At the same time, I'm afraid to get close to him because....idk. I really don't know. I guess, anxiety? Today, I left class without saying goodbye because I thought his body language showed that he wasn't interested. I'm so angry at myself for assuming the worst and then acting on it.

I'm really kicking myself because I thought I learned my lesson. Five years ago--on a much bigger scale than this--my insecurities got in the way of me following my heart and it was the biggest mistake ever.

I added him on fb after leaving w/o saying anything, no response yet...I just....wanna kick myself for real....

IDK what my question is...how do I keep these insecurities in check?? I've been in counseling off and on for the past few years and I'm generally healthy and counseling is unnecessary at the point (says my counselor)...it's just my brain goes crazy sometimes. :/ I'm so tired of anxiety...I can't deal with it anymore...it's exhausting and painful :(...I just need feedback...

misslucy
11-07-2013, 03:40 PM
try to stay positive my man!

RunnerChick
11-07-2013, 05:09 PM
Ahhhh! I completely feel your pain! I don't know why we do this to ourselves...I've screwed up several potential relationships for the same exact reason. I've had so many guys I've liked and I instantly bro-zoned myself with them because I decided I wasn't good enough. In the mean time, my friends are like "what's wrong with you??? He likes yoU!" and I'm like yeah you're crazy, I'm way too fat and ugly for that guy.

Sucks to feel that way about yourself but that's the reality of it. I know it means nothing but chin up! I'm sure you're beautiful and you seem like a really nice person.

jessed03
11-07-2013, 05:53 PM
try to stay positive my man!

Lol this threads 9 months old.

And p.s. I think shes a girl :p