PDA

View Full Version : Ibs

joshhiboii
02-12-2013, 10:15 AM
Does anyone suffer from the irritable bowel syndrome with there anxiety ?

weary
02-12-2013, 02:26 PM
I do and it is so horrible anytime I have to leave my house if going to a family function work or even out for date night with my husband it is from the nervousness you experience before having to leave to be someone out of a comfort zone. I find that if I drink ginger ale and snack on some saltine crackers it seems to help and even keep a bag of sourdough pretzels with me it helps keeps things settled.

joshhiboii
02-12-2013, 03:45 PM
Do you take any meds for it ?

weary
02-12-2013, 04:25 PM
I do not take any meds for it there is a few things that you can try like they advised me to eat more fiber but it made me sick so I stuck to the basics I would see a gastrointernoligist they will be able to provide better answers with different test also activa yogurt not a great taste but it will also help 1 everyday

nshrank89
02-13-2013, 05:14 AM
I do and it's really annoying. I take fiber pills and tums for my stomach

jessy
02-13-2013, 05:23 AM
Yes I have IBS , I take omprazole for my stomach , and drink peppermint cordial with hot water for trapped wind & bloating .

I get bad bouts of IBS if I'm stressed /anxious . I find ducolax good for constipation , but to be honest I don't think there is anything that can help IBS .

If anyone comes across any thing please share ,
:-)

joshhiboii
02-13-2013, 11:07 AM
Im taking Audmonal forte setiously good stuuf stops my stomach from having spazsms : )

laurandisorder
02-14-2013, 03:17 AM
Have you guys done allergy testing?

My partner has the worst IBS, but he also has the worst diet and I suspect that he is gluten intolerant, or lactose intolerant. I'm on his case to get tested all the time.

He takes colese for his stomach.

I'm just asking because I got my RAST blood test done for these hives I have all over my legs and tummy. Luckily I'm not allergic to any of the big 5, but it is definitely worth pursuing. I know IBS is a real - and in my opinion - crappy (hehe) diagnosis because it basically means they can't pin an actual diagnosis on you, but there could be an intolerance or allergy issue - as I have recently discovered they can crop up any time!

(I am allergic to cats, dog dander, pollens, grasses and penicillin - which I never knew! I have always had cats and dogs!)

Take care of your tummies guys x