PDA

View Full Version : How does your depression / anxiety affect your life?

jessy
02-12-2013, 03:40 AM
It's greatly affected my life , to the point where I can't work & I have no social network , I've isolated myself because of it .
It affects my marriage , my kids , everything !!

I always feel so close to giving up , but I know I can't , some days /weeks the pain is to much to bare .

I don't think I'll ever be free of these feelings , to accept them and know this is it for the rest of your life is hard .

How do you all cope ??
Jessy x

jamus75
02-12-2013, 03:58 AM
It has caused me to miss work, skip social events, money spent on doc visits and trips to the ER, marriage life somewhat. Also I don't have a best friend, I have a lot of good friends but not ONE best friend. I find that strange but shouldn't be surprised. I don't do a lot of fun things with my friends and maybe I'm not that fun to be around as I use to be bc of this. I've been thinking about this a lot lately. I use to always have a best friend but he moved away and became hooked on pills. Another close friend died and the rest of my friends are just good friends.

jessy
02-12-2013, 04:03 AM
That's a shame , I feel very alone . I don't have any friends at all .
This is my own fault , as I've isolated myself & don't go out much .
I don't want my family to worry , so I don't tell them how I really feel .
It's HARD, people do not understand :)

perfectmess
02-12-2013, 06:41 PM
I have no social life at all. I have not had one close girlfriend in over 15 years. I can't open up to people. I don't want anyone to see my flaws. I hate that I use men as my best friends to tell everything to. Sucks.

omoplata
02-13-2013, 09:44 PM
I can relate to everyone. I too have no close friends other than my girlfriend. Its not that I dont want friends but I have always been uncomfortable making small talk with people. I think others can sense this. I envy people that have the gift of gab.

thatyuckyfeeling
02-16-2013, 08:43 PM
I've had to miss work the past two weeks to be in a depression treatment program and I feel very guilty and embarrassed about it. I've lost countless amounts of friends because I avoid answering phone calls sometimes for months. My wife is at her wits end and I feel we are clo to divorce because of my symptoms. You a not alone! And remember it can and will get better with effort. Baby steps play a key role. Best of luck.

kimsmith5607
03-05-2013, 09:11 PM
Depression is affects our relation. Depression is literally life threatening, I have had to take antidepressants for most of my life in order to keep it at a manageable level, so I guess I have become 'medically’ to the point where it has become impossible to come off them. However, the best 'therapy' I have found, is to research and study this debilitating condition in depth. The result is that I have just qualified with a degree in counseling and psychotherapy, and now practice as a counselor. It is important to know how can you fight depression.

jessy
03-07-2013, 02:47 AM
I have no friends & avoid people due to my anxiety , depression , emotional state .
I'm lonely , yet I push people away .
It makes no sense
I've found that this illness we carry never makes any sense x

jessy
03-08-2013, 06:32 AM
Hi , I have tried lot's of different anti depressants over the years . I have had cbt therapy & cat therapy . I've been in a mental health ward for a week , I admitted myself , In desperation , unfortunately I go no help at all .

I feel there is very little point in reaching out for help , there is no help !!
That is what I have found anyway , it's very sad
Jessy

Lin
03-12-2013, 10:34 PM
I was getting lots of support from home mental nurse team, then after hospital from a mental health nurse who coordinated my care package. But she has suddenly stopped seeing me and says psychiatrist is care coordinator and have to speak to duty worker to get help. Unhappy not having one person support but pushed it with her this week and got nowhere - just change in way team works. I hate not having one person to talk to.