PDA

View Full Version : Looking for someone to talk to at the moment.

justconfused
02-12-2013, 12:03 AM
I am having a very hard time right now and just need anyone to talk to just to atleast help keep me from getting worse. I've been crying to the point of almost hyperventilating for the past two hours and it's now 1 a.m. I couldn't stop thinking about my heart and what if it gives out (even though I'm 19 and have been tested) and I just always feel like the things it does can't be normal. All day it was in the back of my mind and I kept doing things with family, but I guess after everyone went to bed it just hit me. Then while I was crying I felt my sternum pop and that scared me as well. To make matters worse my girlfriend of 6 years told me she was to the point she doesn't know if she can handle it anymore because she is having trouble in college due to me keeping her up at night and she averages 4 hours of sleep :(. I have such a guilty feeling right now. I hate what I put my loved ones through, but I feel like the only way to feel better is when I get reassurance. But I would love it if someone would talk to me right now I'm so alone and can't talk to anyone without the situation getting bad.

weary
02-12-2013, 12:22 AM
Just confused know that you are not alone I have had similar issue but the popping I the sternum can be scary but it is ok. As for your family and girl friend they all love you and will help you but when you have bad nights or mornings try and do some breathing exercises or self hypnosis believe it or not it helped me. I hope things get better for you. Remember there are always people o. Here that suffer with the same things other will really never understand it until they to through it themselves

justconfused
02-12-2013, 12:25 AM
I know it's just when I get the chest pains I freak out.

weary
02-12-2013, 12:30 AM
I know those can be very scary I have them 24 hrs a day I have had countless EKG and have to tell myself I know there is nothing wrong with my heart.... What do you think happened to trigger what you are feeling right now? Look back at the beginning of your day to the moment it first started and when you find that trigger point you have to fight it tell it that it will not beat you . You are stronger then the feeling

justconfused
02-12-2013, 12:35 AM
It's all centered around my health. I've been to the doctor so much and they say I'm fine, but my body always says otherwise. I can't stop worrying because everything I feel I just can't ignore. I remember before I could feel a chest pain and say ok so what go to bed and next day it's gone. Now I will be up for hours worrying about it when in all honesty the hours that have passed prove it's probably fine.

weary
02-12-2013, 12:41 AM
You are so young I did not start having these issues till I was 30 I dealt with it on my own for 7 yrs it was not till my mom got sick and I had to drive her to chemo appts or radiation or just to a dr appointment that I finally said I can't do this anymore and had my dr give me meds the weird part was it was not till my mom went in remission that I made this choice I no longer felt needed even though I am 38 have a home and family to take care. I know it can be really scary but lack of sleep can also trigger higher anxiety and lack of food can cause the chest pains. Please tell me you don't drink those energy drinks that are out there? Those can make anxiety 100 times worse

justconfused
02-12-2013, 12:55 AM
No I don't. A few months ago I stopped drinking caffein. I drink water or juice now and have for awhile now.

justconfused
02-12-2013, 01:36 AM
I'm just going to throw some stuff out there and see what people's opinions on it are. When I look back I notice a few things. The year before I developed what I'm going through now I was showing signs that I didn't even pick up at the time. Everyday I would ask someone (parent or girlfriend) if something was normal, or if I was healthy. But I never felt scared or panicked so I never thought anything of it. I would always wonder to myself if something was ok and I would always pray that I was healthy and it just went on like that for awhile without any fear or panic. Ever since the symptoms developed and the first panic attack happened I have been horrible. Mainly GAD instead of attacks now. Also I noticed that I was checking my pulse without thinking it was weird, but other people definitely called me out on it and I realized that my mind must be worrying alot. I have so many "self tests" that I will do to make sure I'm ok. It's so weird.