PDA

View Full Version : New to this site looking for support

weary
02-11-2013, 10:58 PM
Hi all I am new to this site and I am hoping it will help with my anxiety and panic that I have. I am not sure where to begin because I have never reached out for help

jamus75
02-11-2013, 11:37 PM
Hi and welcome. Haven't been here long either but do find it helpful. It's assuring to know I'm not crazy and that I'm not alone. Anxiety is such a lonely condition bc nobody can truly know how u feel unless they experience it.

weary
02-11-2013, 11:48 PM
Thank you my husband tries to understand but has not figured out when I say I need you it means now not in 10 min. My anxiety has gotten so bad I don't want to get up in the morning which is hard because I have a 5 yr old. I no longer feel safe at any point in the day

joanna22 pink
02-12-2013, 12:41 AM
Hi and welcome .. I've also not been in here long .... My partner is finding it hard to understand aswell ... That make me even more irritable and anxious ...

weary
02-12-2013, 12:46 AM
I feel so much better knowing I am not the only one who feels like this tonight was a bad night .... Even though everyone was home I was in a full blown anxiety/ panic attack scared the heck out of me the left side of my head was all tingly like pins and needles and my right arm was super cold to the touch like there was no blood in there and it was like no one cared but for me made me panic more so I decided to check this out and it is really actually a good thing

joanna22 pink
02-12-2013, 12:53 AM
I h e downloaded some apps on my iPhone hypnosis apps and they have helped loads .. I actually fell asleep last night an only woke up 3 times ... I must of got at least 5 hrs :-) no night panic :-)

jamus75
02-12-2013, 01:13 AM
When I panic my heart races like crazy and I get so jittery. Sometimes I get skipped beats which adds to the panic. I can't sit still and have to get out of whatever situation I'm in. I've been trying to control them and have done so successfully. There are times though that it controls me. The " little " triggers are the ones I have learned to deal with and can't shut down before it escalates. I kept this from my wife for years cause it made me feel weak but I finally told her. She's supportive but don't think she understands. We have two small kids and I want to be the " rock " again. Wish I could turn this off. I'm such a strong person but can't seem to kick this.

jamus75
02-12-2013, 01:14 AM
* can shut down.

weary
02-12-2013, 12:48 PM
Well I went to the dr today hate these appointments but he finally upped my meds so whole I am ok with it I am now panicked about taking a higher dosage ..... I just wish I could have my old life back I hate the feeling of Loneliness that I am feeling.

Can you tell me when the anxiety and panic started for yourself ?

jamus75
02-12-2013, 01:07 PM
Mine started in 2002 that I can remember. Panic attacks that is. Anxiety I believe was always under the surface waiting to emerge. Always worried more than normal.

cat eyes
02-12-2013, 02:32 PM
Well I went to the dr today hate these appointments but he finally upped my meds so whole I am ok with it I am now panicked about taking a higher dosage ..... I just wish I could have my old life back I hate the feeling of Loneliness that I am feeling.

Can you tell me when the anxiety and panic started for yourself ?

I wish I can get to be my old self. Feel like I am dying heart racing and jittery

weary
02-12-2013, 02:48 PM
I started on 2004 when I turned 30 I had just moved in with my at the time future husband and his 2 boys but we only had them on the weekends and he was working 3 rd shift in law enforcement and the apartment was small and partially underground that first winter there I became very scared and clostiphobic and then it when everything came out I ended up moving back in with my folks till we bought a house almost identical to my parents as I felt it was a safe zone but the panic and anxiety has just grown stronger over the last 7 years

weary
02-12-2013, 02:50 PM
Cats eyes : I know the feeling I am right now getting ready to go spend the night with my folks and my daughter and the pinching pain in my chest is driving me crazy

Saldav
02-12-2013, 09:36 PM
Welcome to the forum "weary" my name is Sal. I also have anxiety/depression and have had it for 12 years, it's been a living nightmare but I am glad I found this forum. It's a relief knowing we are not alone, and most of us here have experienced most of the symptoms that come with disorder.

weary
02-12-2013, 11:17 PM
Hi Sal thank you I am hoping this will help. Like now its 114 am and I took my new dosage at 1100 pm and I feel ok but still have the chest pains so I am now terrified to close my eyes because I don't want my daughter to wake up next to mom and me being dead .....I wish these thoughts would go away as I have been told after 15 EKG I have a very healthy heart but yet I constantly feel like I a dying

jamus75
02-12-2013, 11:23 PM
Same. Test after test and doctor after doctor have all told me I'm fine and nothing wrong but I still have a gut feeling something is and I can't seem to shake it. Why can't I listen to advice from people who actually know what they are talking about and go on with my life?

weary
02-12-2013, 11:28 PM
I think it because as we get older we realize that things are so much different from when we grew up you hear more about all types of cancers and how all these foods we grew up on are now no good for you and will cause cancer and well it has just spiraled I wonder if it will ever get back to normal I miss being able to go shopping alone now I have what I call my "safe people" and they are the only ones I leave with

jessy
02-13-2013, 04:16 AM
Hi , I can relate to every post here .

Especially the feeling of loneliness .

I've suffered with GAD & depression for ..20 years!!
20 years is a long time & I'm tired of the battle .

misslucy
11-07-2013, 03:38 PM
This forum is a really good source of information