PDA

View Full Version : Anxitey or depression?

AllyCat21
02-10-2013, 10:06 AM
Sometimes when I lay in my room I feel a strong sense of emotion. And I get really upset. It's never from anything direct and it's not enough to cry, but it feels like i could. I have anxiety. And no depression that I know of. I stopped taking celexa because it wasn't helping. And am currently trying to find another medicine. My mother thinks that I should go on lorazepam but I'm afraid that may be to strong. I'm 20 so it's ultimately my choice. Any input?

scared44
02-10-2013, 01:43 PM
Hi Hope your well? Lorazepam is a very good drug for anxiety.. I started taking it last week and wow what a difference it has made... I can now leave the house!! Good luck to you and maybe give them a go. Take care. Beverley. :-)

alankay
02-10-2013, 03:49 PM
If fear is the underlying emotion it's anxiety. If it sadness, grief, loss, despair, emptiness, etc, then it's more depression but we all have emotions like this to a certain point. If your doc agrees with lorazepam, start with .5mg tabs and take 1/2 a tab(very low dose). Alankay

bajablue
02-12-2013, 09:59 PM
Alan is right. Go easy on Benzos ( Lorazapen ) is one of them. I took Xanax 20 years ago, got hooked, Doc shut them off and holy smokes are the withdrawals bad. Look at them as a very short term bridge while building up your defenses in other ways.

jamus75
02-12-2013, 10:47 PM
Been on lorazepam for a year. Was taking 1mg/ day. Would knock me out so I took it before bed. No real side effects. Helped keep me halfway calm. If I had a panic attack I couldn't control I would take one and it would help a lot. I tapered myself down to .5 daily and take the other half only when I get an attack that I need it for. I tried quitting but I felt it wasn't time.