PDA

View Full Version : Same old heart shit!

kmarie30
02-09-2013, 07:15 PM
Still after months and months and tests consisting of kegs 24 hour moniters stress tests. I'm still scared like crazy every time I get a palp or in today's case a few which threw me into a complete panic and I had to come home from work. When will I just be convinced I don't have heart disease. When will these just stop. I keep gaining weight cuz I'm too afraid to excercise for fear my heart will stop and I will leave behind a motherless boy. I really want these to go away or at least find a way to deal with them. I keep thinking because I had no symptoms during my tests that they are missing something serious

jamus75
02-09-2013, 10:09 PM
Wow u told my exact same story. Except for the mother part. Father of two here

angieproc1977
02-10-2013, 03:59 PM
Yep you sound exactly like me too so my guess is the fact we all have the same fear symptoms and worries we are all indeed fine and it is just anxiety it's hard but you need to tell yourself you are fine try and ignore the palps cos otherwise you will cause more I know cos I do too x

kmarie30
02-10-2013, 04:46 PM
I just wish there was a cure. I'm fine when they happen not anxious at all. Then there is the sitting and waiting fear of when will they happen again? I can't get past it

BettyInBlack
02-10-2013, 05:55 PM
The palpatations you feel will get worse with stress and anxiety. It's just your heart "skipping a beat" so to speak. They are harmless, trust me. You've been to doctors and had EKGs, they would see if it was something to worry about.

I had SVT where my heart would race. I had surgery (an ablation) for it, and now it doesn't do that anymore. I still get flip flops every once a whole though, and it gets worse when I'm anxious. Exercising is very good for you! Not exercising will raise your chances of a heart attack which would actually stop your heart!

anthonyjbro760
02-10-2013, 08:47 PM
Now I'm scared :( I only excerise a lil I've been tribe to do more but I panic when excreting I feel doomed been having anxiety too long I don't wanna have a heart attack :(

angieproc1977
02-10-2013, 09:46 PM
Not excersising isn't going to give u a heart attack so please don't let that worry you, obviously exercise is good for you and does help but just because you don't doesn't mean that will cause a heart attack these things happen and it's something we cannot control but I'm pretty sure your perfectly fine everything points to anxiety and stressing dies make the palps worse

angieproc1977
02-10-2013, 09:47 PM
*does* not dies :/

anthonyjbro760
02-10-2013, 09:55 PM
When I even walk to the bathroom I get them never had anxiety this bad in my life feel like I'm on edge of a stroke or heart attack my mind can't stop worrying

marki_marc
02-10-2013, 10:15 PM
maybe try to get your heart fully tested so you can convince yourself or maybe your are scared of dying ? and its been months and your still alive and weather you present symptoms or not it wouldn't have changed the outcome of the test

anthonyjbro760
02-10-2013, 10:24 PM
I can't afford further testing even with my insurance can't afford stress test and holters even with my insurance

anthonyjbro760
02-10-2013, 10:27 PM
They did ekgs and some kind of heart marker blood test but never explained anything they jus said you can go home and said my gerd was flared up and did a ultra sound said had slight fatty liver

sandyrdh1
02-11-2013, 06:39 AM
I had palps for 7 mths took magnesium citrate vitamins and there gone now! I had them everyday all day. It's worth a try:)

jessed03
02-11-2013, 07:18 AM
I had palps for 7 mths took magnesium citrate vitamins and there gone now! I had them everyday all day. It's worth a try:)

Sandy what dose of mag. did you take?

anthonyjbro760
02-11-2013, 07:39 AM
I wake up sweating n shaking and it's hard to stop I think my heart is bad

sandyrdh1
02-11-2013, 12:26 PM
Sandy what dose of mag. did you take?

400 mg of magnesium citrate. Also take a fish oil omega 3. It's good for the heart too:)

anthonyjbro760
02-11-2013, 12:56 PM
My second ekg was abnormal :( left axis deveation I'm really scared why would this happen they still sent me home im freaking out

Malyn
02-11-2013, 01:28 PM
Anthony when you say abnormal what was the findings

anthonyjbro760
02-11-2013, 01:39 PM
Left axis devotion called the ER nurse she said cardiologist looked it over and she says its normal in people I'm still freaking out I don't wanna die of a heart attack

anthonyjbro760
02-11-2013, 01:44 PM
Can't follow up till 21st with my doctor having all kinds if symptoms also afraid my gerd is real bad too, so overwhelmed feel like I'm going to die

anthonyjbro760
02-11-2013, 02:30 PM
I'm so scared almost wanna call 911 :( dont know what to think anymore

trinidiva
02-11-2013, 03:07 PM
My dad works with cardiac patients daily so I have spoken to him about this topic at length.
My past few EKGs have come back abnormal, but the doctors have told me not to worry. I insisted on a cardiac stress test, which came back completely normal. My dad explained that there is what is considered a textbook ekg, or what they would consider normal and then everything outside of that. It can vary due to heavy exercise, certain medications, stress (ahem,ahem..) etc...but that does not mean you are going to have a heart attack and die. Although my ekg has always been abnormal, my cardiac stress test has been normal, cardiac bloodwork has been normal, and I do strenuous exercise throughout the week. While I hope I'm wrong, I really don't think hearing anyone else's personal experiences will help you though, I can kind of sense that through your earlier comments. I really think you ought to invest in getting a cardiac stress test done, just for your own well being...so that you can get some relief from your worries. I felt SO much better once I had mine done. You can't go on worrying like this though, it isn't good for you.

anthonyjbro760
02-11-2013, 03:09 PM
I can't afford it

anthonyjbro760
02-11-2013, 03:10 PM
I feel like I'm on auto pilot

anthonyjbro760
02-11-2013, 03:13 PM
I try to relax and my chest still feels tight I feel like i can't escape I need someone to talk to