PDA

View Full Version : What are you doing?

Angel
09-14-2005, 03:43 PM
Hello.

Just doing this introduction thing since it seems to be the traditional initiation process. I have been skimming over this board for about two weeks and thought "What the hell?" and decided to sign up.

I was diagnosed with a Panic Disorder with Agoraphobia about two and a half months ago, but I have been aware of other symptoms of a social phobia since i was a young one (mainly starting around 10).

I had to file for a "leave of absence" due to the severity and numerous amount of panik attacks. So i am just trying to recover and am currently attending therapy and just recently been put back on Zoloft.

One thing that really helps me during a panik attack is strumming on my guitar. This also keeps me occupied for the many hours that i am at home.

I just got his book yesterday called "The Anxiety & Phobia Workbook" by Edmund J. Bourne, PH.D. and it has already helped...just thought i would recommend it.

oh. I am nineteen by the way....and im a male...and Angel is my real name.

shoe
09-16-2005, 09:17 AM
hi angel, good to have you onboard

I have that same book also, it's been recommended quite often by friends of mine.. but I have a bit of trouble following through with the exercises. It takes a bit of determination and willpower to get through it, but I'm sure well worth the effort.

That's great you have a hobby like guitar playing to keep you occupied. I find that doing anything where you're creating, whether it's making music, writing or building something.. is a great way to alleviate stress and to make you feel good and peaceful inside.

I hope the Zoloft and therapy works out for you