PDA

View Full Version : New to forum

Karen0916
02-09-2013, 09:57 AM
Hello. I suffer from social anxiety and depression. I live in Orlando, Florida and i feel like i am the only person in the world that suffers from this mental illness. Sometimes i wonder if it's real or if my mind is playing tricks on me. I hope i get to meet through this forum some of you and we can help each other.

Saldav
02-09-2013, 11:37 AM
As you will soon discover your not the only one with this disorder anxiety/depression, in this forum you will find many of us with similar or exact symptoms of anxiety, depression, agoraphobia, etc.

So your not alone in this forum, feel free to express your feelings, questions or if you just want to rant.
My name is Sal I'm from California welcome to the forum Karen :)

Karen0916
02-09-2013, 12:11 PM
As you will soon discover your not the only one with this disorder anxiety/depression, in this forum you will find many of us with similar or exact symptoms of anxiety, depression, agoraphobia, etc.

So your not alone in this forum, feel free to express your feelings, questions or if you just want to rant.
My name is Sal I'm from California welcome to the forum Karen :)

Thank you Sal. I need to know there are people that feel the same way i do.

Saldav
02-09-2013, 12:19 PM
Thank you Sal. I need to know there are people that feel the same way i do.

What are some symptoms you wonder more about? Do you find it hard to explain? I've been going through anxiety/depression for more than ten years.

Karen0916
02-09-2013, 12:32 PM
What are some symptoms you wonder more about? Do you find it hard to explain? I've been going through anxiety/depression for more than ten years.

The worst symptom that i suffer is that out of the blue i feel like the walls are closing in on me. Also when i go out i get really nervous and i feel like the people are all coming towards me. And these damn body aches and pains.

perterter
02-10-2013, 07:15 AM
Hi Karen, it's perfectly normal to feel like you're the only one suffering from this, but don't worry because it's a very common thing to have. I get what you mean with the body aches and pains, it can be very exhausting and annoying. Have you ever considered breathing exercises? They can be very helpful and can calm you down, even in public. The most basic one is inhaling through your nose for 5 seconds and exhaling through your mouth for 5 seconds. Don't be discouraged if it doesn't seem to make a difference at first, it can take a bit of practice. If you ever need someone to talk to, feel free to message me, hope things work out okay for you

Karen0916
02-10-2013, 08:51 AM
Hi Karen, it's perfectly normal to feel like you're the only one suffering from this, but don't worry because it's a very common thing to have. I get what you mean with the body aches and pains, it can be very exhausting and annoying. Have you ever considered breathing exercises? They can be very helpful and can calm you down, even in public. The most basic one is inhaling through your nose for 5 seconds and exhaling through your mouth for 5 seconds. Don't be discouraged if it doesn't seem to make a difference at first, it can take a bit of practice. If you ever need someone to talk to, feel free to message me, hope things work out okay for you

Thank you so much for the breathing exercise tip. I will try it. The body aches are the worst. Thank you again and if you need someone to talk to feel free to message me. Take care.