PDA

View Full Version : Most ridiculous trigger .

jamus75
02-07-2013, 10:13 PM
My most ridiculous trigger for a panic attack was a few times in the past I was taking a shower and started to shave my face, immediately started to panic and thought " what if I can finish? What excuse could I possibly give ?" Don't happen anymore but I felt so stupid for it.

Saldav
02-07-2013, 10:16 PM
I saw a commercial where people were smiling and having fun, then BAM!!!! Anxiety attack!

Big4CPA
02-07-2013, 11:26 PM
Can't finish shaving? What was it that made you feel anxious? Sorry if I am just being dense here.

jamus75
02-08-2013, 12:28 AM
It's anticipating being done. It's all about the outcome of a situation. Like your emails. You cannot wait to finish reading them and get the anticipation over with.

laurandisorder
02-08-2013, 03:59 AM
Must be a facial hair thing!! Getting my brows waxed does it for me - lying in the beauticians in a tiny white room, hyperventilating like a mofo!

Although I went yesterday and would you believe that I didn't even get nervous!? First time in over nine months!!

alankay
02-08-2013, 04:54 AM
Yeah unless you're very wise to it ways......anxiety will not be denied. Once you see when you calm one anxiety, another pops up eventually. You have to say to yourself, "sure, or course I'd be anxsious about that next", just the same anxiety......... in a different form. Sucks. Alankay