PDA

View Full Version : Headaches!!!!

destiny880
02-05-2013, 08:07 PM
My head has been hurting since yesterday morning. I feel dizzy like imma faint. Also it really has a dull pressure pain in my back of my head and my neck im scared it might be a brain tumor. I hate it cuz i also feel my chest twiching ugh!!!!! So annoying HELP!!

jamus75
02-05-2013, 09:39 PM
I cannot diagnose you but I will say these symptoms are all too common with anxiety. I get headaches and neck aches, chest pains, you name it. I always think the worse. Turns out to be nothing.

destiny880
02-05-2013, 09:44 PM
Yes is like a bad headache in thr back of my head and then to the front. :-/

jamus75
02-05-2013, 09:54 PM
My wife gets these headaches and she doesn't have anxiety. Her doctor told her it had something to do with her menstrual cycle and being dehydrated. Nothing else abnormal has ever shown up

destiny880
02-06-2013, 09:51 AM
It suks i woke up with a geadache on my right side and my neck pain.

destiny880
02-06-2013, 12:57 PM
Anybody think it can be a brain tumor? Or i can have a brain damage?

ozzyblue
02-06-2013, 02:15 PM
I definitely don't think it's a brain tumour but see your Dr if you are concerned. For you to come to this conclusion so quickly sounds like anxiety!! Try to relax or distract yourself

destiny880
02-06-2013, 04:27 PM
Yes my husband says i dnt go slowly i go to the top and think i have the worse. But im very anxious and even thought i try to calm dwn and relax is hard. Specially wen the synptoms are their.

ozzyblue
02-06-2013, 05:01 PM
Unfortunately when we are anxious we do get many symptoms and jump to the wrong conclusions. Have you taken any medication for your head? Maybe try a cold pack on your forehead and neck also believe it or not cold packs on your feet can help. Relaxation sounds like the key for you. Think about what relaxes you the most, massage, walk, bath, meditation, chat with a friend etc. I know when you're in pain it's hard to think about doing anything, but if you can make yourself comfortable and try something distracting, deep breathing. A quick meditation I do for anxiety is counting to 4 over and over. Say 1 as you take a deep breath in, then 2 as you take a long slow breath out and so on. Concentrate on only counting to 4 then start at 1 again. It actually takes practice but can be quite relaxing and slows the breathing down. Hope this helps.

jamus75
02-06-2013, 05:04 PM
I've heard trying to count backwards from 100 is also good. Forces the mind to think some

ozzyblue
02-06-2013, 05:07 PM
Yes same sort of thing, takes a bit of concentrating

destiny880
02-06-2013, 06:38 PM
Thank you guys. I will try counting. I cant do the cld pak becuz im sik i have the cold and stuffy nose my throat hurts.

bellaLove09
02-06-2013, 08:43 PM
I can totally relate. Headaches that last for a week. Feeling dizzy... Lightheaded like I am always going to pass out. Feels like my brain is on fire I have had a cat scan and MRI. Everything came out good. I guess it's just me and my anxiety!! I hate it because people look at you differently

Sentinelle
02-12-2013, 03:02 AM
Hi there I can understand you!! I have been living with abnormal headaches for 4 months now and I got so scared at first thinking I had a brain tumour cause I also have blurry vision and pressure like headaches. I also did ctscan and mri but nothing came back and was told that this is all anxiety and tension headaches. I still haven't got rid of these symptoms headaches that move even to my eyes like strain headackes and neck stiffness. I also get blurry vision and feeling of fainting. I still don't understant where this is coming from.

pindi
02-12-2013, 07:49 AM
hi im going through the same thing at the mo constant headaches and my scalp is tender when i touch it i to think i have a tumor but then it goes for a while an im ok but on the whole its with me constantly an im so tired of it i am also getting palps is well which are very very scarey any one else having horrid symptoms?

Malyn
02-12-2013, 09:03 AM
Hi Destiny I used to hAve really bad headache on the back of my neck and front and feel dizzy it is a sinus headache. You said you have a cold and sore throat too. What helps me is take tylenol sinus and I also take sudafed to clear the congestion . You probably have a sinus infection . Did you go to the doctor?