PDA

View Full Version : New here

Jvanben4
02-03-2013, 08:23 PM
Hi everyone. My name is Jim. I'm really happy to have found this forum. I could use an outlet to talk about the anxiety that I deal with. My poor wife has been there for me but she's out of empathy and I can't blame her. I'm afraid my friends will not understand my fears so long story short, I'm grateful that this exists.
About me, I'm a 30 year old with a wife and 2 year old son who I love very much. I had my first anxiety attack a little over 4 years ago and ended up in the ER since I was scared I was having a heart attack. After a chest xray and EKG and being terrified it turned out nothing was physically wrong. Since then I've been back a couple of times there and the urgent care office still with no sign of heart problems. The fear of having an anxiety attack and tension in my upper body have now pretty well put me in a health anxiety state and somewhat agoraphobic. I've been through a couple of psychiatrists and two counselors. Been on different meds for years but it just doesn't seem like anyone has gotten it right.
I guess maybe I need to keep looking for a doctor who will listen and give me the impression that they actually care. Hopefully soon. I don't want my son to grow up with this version of me nor my wife have to go through life with this type of husband. Thank you for your time. I'm struggling with writing what I feel vs. what I think people will care to read.
I have a tendency to care too much of what others think of me.

kdubg
02-04-2013, 01:11 AM
Hi everyone. My name is Jim. I'm really happy to have found this forum. I could use an outlet to talk about the anxiety that I deal with. My poor wife has been there for me but she's out of empathy and I can't blame her. I'm afraid my friends will not understand my fears so long story short, I'm grateful that this exists.
About me, I'm a 30 year old with a wife and 2 year old son who I love very much. I had my first anxiety attack a little over 4 years ago and ended up in the ER since I was scared I was having a heart attack. After a chest xray and EKG and being terrified it turned out nothing was physically wrong. Since then I've been back a couple of times there and the urgent care office still with no sign of heart problems. The fear of having an anxiety attack and tension in my upper body have now pretty well put me in a health anxiety state and somewhat agoraphobic. I've been through a couple of psychiatrists and two counselors. Been on different meds for years but it just doesn't seem like anyone has gotten it right.
I guess maybe I need to keep looking for a doctor who will listen and give me the impression that they actually care. Hopefully soon. I don't want my son to grow up with this version of me nor my wife have to go through life with this type of husband. Thank you for your time. I'm struggling with writing what I feel vs. what I think people will care to read.
I have a tendency to care too much of what others think of me.

Don't stress man. I'm 25 and your situation is exactly mine haha. Your not crazy, and I know how tough it is. It's like I'm always worrying about having anxiety attacks, so then it feels like an all day attack. Your not judged. It's tough man, come here when your Latin in bed at night and just need some piece of mind though

jamus75
02-04-2013, 01:48 AM
Same story. 37 wife two kids. Been to ER numerous times with panic attacks. Worry about my heart and overall health. Worry all the time. Had anxiety for at least 12 years. Living a safe life without risk so I don't panic as much. Hate feeling like this. Feel so weak when these attacks happen. Want to be the strong one. Slowly learning to deal with these panic attacks. Everyday worry and anxiety I can't shake. Panic attacks i can shut down 80% of the time.