PDA

View Full Version : Worried all the time

cat28
02-02-2013, 12:08 PM
My anxiety is getting so bad. I've been dealing with it since I was 15 and I'm now 26. It seems it gets worse as I get older. Symptoms seem worse and I have more trouble dealing with it. My chest is always tight, my head hurts, I have no patience for anything, I'm tired all the time, I'm afraid to do anything fun because I'm afraid of something bad always happening to me. I know I need to see a doctor about this, but I'm terrified of being told that its more than just anxiety and that its actually my heart. A friend of mine who is 28 had a stroke and I'm terrified that this is what I have to look forward to if I continue with this anxiety.

PhoenixStorm
02-03-2013, 11:16 AM
I feel the same way.. I'm terrified to see a doctor too. I have gotten worse the past 2 years. I'm overly sensitive to every situation whatever it is. I am so tired of living like this and feeling alone. I'm scared to talk really in depth about my life.. I'm scared to be told what is wrong with me.

angieproc1977
02-04-2013, 12:23 AM
Hi, I am exactly the same I worry all the time that something is wrong with me especially my heart but I'm too damn scared to go to the dr's for fear he may tell me there is something seriously wrong !!!! I think I know deep down I am ok I've had the same symptoms for 9years now so surely if it was serious I'd have collapsed by now but even still I can't convince my mind this... The physical symptoms get to me though the palps are my biggest fear... X

kdubg
02-04-2013, 01:05 AM
I really know how difficult it is guys, trust me. And I did the same thing as you guys did for a couple months, and I was a complete wreck. PLEASE, just go in for a checkup. If you don't want to tell them about anxiety, then don't. But it will at least make you feel better.

You should at least go in and tell them your symptoms. They will probably take a blood sample and run some quick labs, and the results take a couple days. Your doc is gonna say there's nothing wrong with you but this is just to make sure and give you some piece of mind.

I've been in the same boat though, my anxiety is about being scared of having heart issues as well. Just realize if there was something SERIOUSLY wrong, they would notice it ASAP. You need to bite the bullet and just go in there, I promise you guys will feel much better afterwards. Your doc won't make fun of you either, they understand, and they're there to help.