PDA

View Full Version : Zoloft

Minababay
02-01-2013, 10:29 PM
Do any of you drink while being on Zoloft? I occasionally like to have wine and am afraid to drink because my pill bottle says to avoid it.

nicole2003
02-02-2013, 02:31 AM
I took celexa for years and drank ocassionally and it made me a bit drowsy..i am now taking paxil for a few months now and i have some drinks still but it does make me a little more drowsy then the celexa did, its like u drank two instead of one. Alcohol intensifies the effects like drowsiness thats why they say dont drink but a few ocassionally wont harm you

bajablue
02-02-2013, 07:45 PM
I took celexa for years and drank ocassionally and it made me a bit drowsy..i am now taking paxil for a few months now and i have some drinks still but it does make me a little more drowsy then the celexa did, its like u drank two instead of one. Alcohol intensifies the effects like drowsiness thats why they say dont drink but a few ocassionally wont harm you

I drink a few glasses of red wine every night - I'm mid 50's and supposed to be good for anti cancer. Anyway, I also take Zoloft and do not notice drowsiness. Everyone reacts differently tho.

Malyn
02-11-2013, 01:26 PM
If you plan to go out for a drink in the afternoon then take your zoloft in the morning

Minababay
02-12-2013, 03:37 PM
I am thinking of changing the time I take my pill to mornings... This way I can have some wine or a drink of two if I want:) thanks!

technonyc
02-12-2013, 04:02 PM
I am sober now, but I used to drink on SSRIs all the time. Got drunk much quicker, had really vivid dreams, and it kind of counteracted the who anti-depressant thing. :)

Minababay
02-13-2013, 12:06 AM
I already have vivid dreams as it is with the Zoloft... I can imagine what having a drink will do to my dreams. Haha