PDA

View Full Version : Me again! Any comments will be appreciated :)

aidendean
02-01-2013, 07:23 PM
Hello everyone, (again)

So I've been having this CONSTANT feeling that I'm detached from my body, like my actual "being" is just my brain and I'm living inside it?, it's so so hard to explain :/ but it just feels like my body doesn't belong to me and I can't move it.. And these many physical problems I've been having doesn't help :/ can anyone relate to this? Or understand what I'm saying :/

enda
02-01-2013, 09:52 PM
Hello everyone, (again)

So I've been having this CONSTANT feeling that I'm detached from my body, like my actual "being" is just my brain and I'm living inside it?, it's so so hard to explain :/ but it just feels like my body doesn't belong to me and I can't move it.. And these many physical problems I've been having doesn't help :/ can anyone relate to this? Or understand what I'm saying :/

Are you drinking alcohol much.

bigtymeks
02-02-2013, 12:33 AM
I was just talking to someone else about this... The thread right under this one... About dissociation.. I will copy and paste what I wrote in there incase you can't find it...

I believe what I was told to do in these times is find a way to bring yourself back into the "now"... Focus on things closer to you rather than the bigger picture.. Like .. Ok im sitting here on this chair, my feet are on the ground, I feel warm, cold, whatever... Although, not to sure that ever worked for me the greatest.. I dont know about you but usually when I get dissociated I almost always feel dizzy as well.. I HATE that feeling.. I dont know how this really works but it works!! If you are standing and get dizzy or dissociated stand on only one foot.. Somehow it seems to bring you back to you center or ground.. Sounds silly but ive done it a million times.. You can do it anywhere and no one will even notice.. If you are in public try even just putting all your weight on one foot/leg.. Seems strange but try it!! Another thing Ive heard that helps some people to "snap out of it" is to wear a rubber band on your wrist.. When you start to feel this way.. Give it a little snap! Its suppose to bring you back to the "now" by literally snapping you out of it.. Give these a try!! Trust me I know they seem silly but hey, whatever works right!!

helplessinseattle
02-02-2013, 01:10 PM
Oh, bigtymeks, that is the best advice I've ever seen about the disembodiment feeling. Sometime, for me anyway, it helps to do something that feels very nice, like a warm shower, something that can help you feel your whole body.

bigtymeks
02-02-2013, 01:24 PM
Hey like I said, whatever works for you!! Wish I could sit still long enough to take a bath when Im having anxiety lol

helplessinseattle
02-02-2013, 01:55 PM
Oh, no BATHS! Wish I could but same problem.