PDA

View Full Version : New here and would love some advice :)

amzmac
01-31-2013, 03:43 AM
Hi guys,

I am new here and I have found some of these discussion helpful and I would like to share my story and see if anyone can give me advice. About 6 weeks ago I got sick with a bartholins abcess I had surgery and started my recovery, everything was fine except they found a heart murmur, thy sent me back to my gp and she ordered some blood tests one of the tests returned an abnormal liver function result which sent me into a mild anxiety attack while waiting for new results back, I got good news so I moved on and was feeling good however a week later I started to get a weird ache and tingling sensation in my left arm, I tried to ignore it however I started to get so anxious about the whole thing, the next thing I knew I was so anxious I made myself sick u couldn't eat and I just wanted to lay in bed, the feeling wasn't strange to me I have had these types of attacks before, but this one wasn't going away I eventually went to my doctor and broke down in front of her, she has sent me to speak to someone which helped but now I have these weird symptoms that are freaking me out, three days ago I started getting the shakes as well as still feeling sick and dizzy, I have never had this symptom before and I just want to know if this is normal?? It's hard for me to talk to family as they think I am making it up.

Anyone help???

Courtneykinns
01-31-2013, 03:57 AM
Hi! Well considering you've been checked out for any other heath symptoms, of course this has to be anxiety. I go through this pretty much everyday! Ive been suffering from intense anxiety for about 2 months now, i do feel dizzy & sick & i dont want to get out of bed most of the time.
I have had like every anxiety symptom on the list. I know how you feel about people thinking you're making it up. It took my parents a long time to admit i had a problem. Anxiety is tough, but i am on medication that i only take when i feel anxious & i am going to attend therapy.
If you're curious about anxiety symptoms just look on here
http://www.anxietycentre.com/anxiety-symptoms.shtml
(:

amzmac
01-31-2013, 04:27 AM
[QUOTE=Courtneykinns;78890]Hi! Well considering you've been checked out for any other heath symptoms, of course this has to be anxiety. I go through this pretty much everyday! Ive been suffering from intense anxiety for about 2 months now, i do feel dizzy & sick & i dont want to get out of bed most of the time.
I have had like every anxiety symptom on the list. I know how you feel about people thinking you're making it up. It took my parents a long time to admit i had a problem. Anxiety is tough, but i am on medication that i only take when i feel anxious & i am going to attend therapy.
If you're curious about anxiety symptoms just look on here

I have looked at this website, it's just nice to hear I am not alone which is how I feel most of the time, my heart has been checked an everything is fine, I just hate feeling sick because it makes my anxiety worst because my brain runs away with it and I start thinking I have some serious illness, it's such a vicious circle.

bjjr1977
01-31-2013, 04:31 AM
Sorry You had a health scare, Anxiety can cause so many different symptoms feeling sensations and emotions It's bloody awful to live with and can be debilitating at times! I think you got worked up over the results and the fear of the unknown You probably haven't settled back dwn from the heath scare and if your prone to anxiety well boom!! I live with chronic headache and dizziness 24/7 I feel nauseous and ache and have pains Im tired a lot I get tingling and numbness I have just been back to my Holistic Dr. who gave me a whole heap of calming supplements and minerals. I've got 4weeks before I see her again if no improvement Im being referred to Neurologist which has made me feel sick cause now in my mind I'm thinking the symptoms I presented with screamed Neurologist to her??? But she still writes me up as severe Chronic anxiety! Ohh I also have depersonalisation

amzmac
01-31-2013, 03:10 PM
Sorry You had a health scare, Anxiety can cause so many different symptoms feeling sensations and emotions It's bloody awful to live with and can be debilitating at times! I think you got worked up over the results and the fear of the unknown You probably haven't settled back dwn from the heath scare and if your prone to anxiety well boom!! I live with chronic headache and dizziness 24/7 I feel nauseous and ache and have pains Im tired a lot I get tingling and numbness I have just been back to my Holistic Dr. who gave me a whole heap of calming supplements and minerals. I've got 4weeks before I see her again if no improvement Im being referred to Neurologist which has made me feel sick cause now in my mind I'm thinking the symptoms I presented with screamed Neurologist to her??? But she still writes me up as severe Chronic anxiety! Ohh I also have depersonalisation

That's good to hear, I was becoming concerned because I don't actually feel anxious anymore I am still teary and have trembles and feel sick, so hopefully I am beginning to return to normal, I started taking St Johns wort yesterday to help calm my symptoms.