PDA

View Full Version : Sleep problem.

justconfused
01-30-2013, 11:29 PM
This is getting ridiculous. I don't have the problem where you feel sleepy but just can't make yourself sleep. I feel like I'm unable to even feel sleepy. I haven't felt groggy, or that feeling you feel when you're sleepy and ready to lay down in months. I have to just lay there until I force myself to sleep. I slept from 3-4 in the morning last night and figured well ok I will be ready for bed tonight. No of course it is 12:30 a.m. now and after one hour of sleep last night I am wide awake and not tired at all! What in the world? This is getting old and I have found it has became one of the main things that fuels my worrying now. I feel like I have some disorder where my brain doesn't know what being sleepy is anymore.

justconfused
01-30-2013, 11:33 PM
Also, while I know eventually the body will make you get the rest you need and it isn't life threatening or anything. I worry about the fact that I know how important sleep is and in the long run it will have an effect on me. I just don't understand how I can't feel sleepy. I took some medicines that are supposed to make you sleepy (as bad as I'm afraid of the feelings the next day) and I didn't get groggy. I have no clue.

Saldav
01-31-2013, 01:41 AM
I get that way too and it's incredible, I weigh 305lbs 6'2 I work 11-15 hrs a day off hard labor. I get home and can't sleep. I should be dropping like a log after work.

My bedroom has to be pitch black with the fan on. I find that the noise of the fan is soothing, and the extra air circulation is good too. Sometimes I wake my wife up and have her scratch my head and that usually helps me relax enough to fall asleep.

justconfused
01-31-2013, 01:49 AM
I get that way too and it's incredible, I weigh 305lbs 6'2 I work 11-15 hrs a day off hard labor. I get home and can't sleep. I should be dropping like a log after work.

My bedroom has to be pitch black with the fan on. I find that the noise of the fan is soothing, and the extra air circulation is good too. Sometimes I wake my wife up and have her scratch my head and that usually helps me relax enough to fall asleep.

Yes I know what you mean. I was out topping trees from 6 in the morning until almost 6 at night for some people. Came home and forced myself to go to sleep around 3 a.m. after not getting tired. I too thought I should be dropping like a log. Exactly what I thought, actually.

justconfused
01-31-2013, 01:55 AM
It's odd what the sound of air moving can do. It is pretty cold here at night during the winter, and every time the heat kicks on it is soothing to just hear it. I also like to imagine the heat filling the room and feeling cozy. Sometimes it helps unless I am just really having a bad night.