PDA

View Full Version : Deep breaths

sandyrdh1
01-30-2013, 07:18 PM
Sometimes I feel like I can't take a deep breath even when I am calm. Does anyone ever feel that? It's like when I try and take a deep breath it feels like I am stopping half way and can't complete the whole deep breath. What's up with that? One time I can and the next I can't:(

temperancebrennan
01-30-2013, 07:20 PM
I feel that sometimes too. Like my lungs don't feel big enough to take a deep breath.
I think we might need to work on breathing exercises

sandyrdh1
01-30-2013, 07:38 PM
I feel that sometimes too. Like my lungs don't feel big enough to take a deep breath.
I think we might need to work on breathing exercises

Maybe that's it. I was thinking maybe its just another symptom of anxiety even when not having a true attack. Maybe it's my mind thinking I can't and making me stop at that point because I am not out of breath.

sandyrdh1
01-30-2013, 07:39 PM
Do you live near Prince William? :)

ava-c
01-30-2013, 10:15 PM
Sometimes it helps to put a hand on your stomach and feel the air coming in and out, seeing it calms me down.

angieproc1977
01-31-2013, 01:50 AM
I get this sometimes too it is just another sumptom of anxiety c

Courtneykinns
01-31-2013, 02:12 AM
I get this whenever i get up after resting!
Ive been checked & my heart is fine. But if i feel anxious or nervous, i always feel really out of breath when i get up & walk around. My heart also beats really fast. Its not a good feeling. But its just another anxiety symptoms, when im on my medication, i never feel out of breath.

sandyrdh1
01-31-2013, 09:00 AM
I get this whenever i get up after resting!
Ive been checked & my heart is fine. But if i feel anxious or nervous, i always feel really out of breath when i get up & walk around. My heart also beats really fast. Its not a good feeling. But its just another anxiety symptoms, when im on my medication, i never feel out of breath.

Yes exactly! When I get up my heart does that sometimes but when I get up after resting or watching TV I feel the need to take a deep breath and can't always get one:(