PDA

View Full Version : having difficulty making eye contact with a piece of paper

blur
06-04-2007, 12:50 AM
am i screwed up or am i screwed up?

i cant look at photo of someone comfortably even though theyre really not there

JimmyB
06-04-2007, 10:14 AM
Do you suffer from Social Anxiety. At my worst I had trouble looking at anything. I was suffering from derealisation quiet bad at the time.

You'll be ok. Just keep positive.

neverbeenright
07-21-2007, 09:42 PM
I know this is an older post, but I just came across it and had to giggle because I relate (yes I CAN still laugh at myself sometimes). I have Napster, and anytime I go on there I have to avert my eyes from the big band pictures at the top. I feel like they're right there staring me down while I'm just trying to check out their songs. I feel their eyes burning into me (yeah, that's right - its just a picture). It makes me very uncomfortable. I've even tried making adjustments to cover the picture but couldn't get it to work. Til I read this post, I hadn't really thought about how odd that is. I wonder how many other weird things we do that we just don't realize. BTW - I blame my social phobia for this. Obviously, I have a lot of trouble looking real people in the eye as well. ;)

greenleaf
07-22-2007, 05:49 PM
Try with different lighting in the room. Turn down the lights a bit and see if that makes a difference. If not turn up the lights and try it again. See if you are ok with different lighting. This is one of any possibilities. But eye strain could be triggering it.