PDA

View Full Version : Need info about medication!

scared44
01-29-2013, 02:19 AM
Can anyone give me advice about meds for chronic anxiety,social phobia ect please? Im on valium 5mg morning and night but it doesnt touch me! Thx in advance :-)

jamus75
01-29-2013, 02:42 AM
Me too. I would like to know what if anything works. Seriously starting to think about going on something daily. Right now I just take Ativan 1 mg before bed so I will sleep better. Like to not take those at all bc you are labeled when you take a controlled med. also it does nothing to control my anxiety just treats the panic attacks after the fact.

jinxedau
01-29-2013, 04:04 AM
I found Valium to be useless for me at my worst.
I had much better relief with Oxazepam.
But as everyone will tell you though,they won't cure your Anxiety.

alankay
01-29-2013, 05:40 AM
A little higher dose(10 mg) of valium should help for the anxiety and a beta blocker if the social anxiety has physical symptoms. Consider a trial of an ssri like zoloft or celexa. Ask your doc about this. Alankay

scared44
01-29-2013, 09:32 PM
Thanks for the advice! I'm going to see my gp on Friday and I won't leave until she helps me with a higher dose of valium or other! :-)

scared44
01-29-2013, 09:36 PM
I've also tried oxazepam and am also on avanza for my depression but because i have an ileostomy - bag i dont absorb tablets at all! Im on durogesic/fentanyl pain patches for my back and they dont help either :-( what to do hey??

johnmawson
01-29-2013, 11:51 PM
Well I have bad news, but also great news for you (i hope)
I can't tell you that no drug works for beating anxiety, because 1) I'm not a Dr and 2) I haven't tried every drug!
But what I can tell you, is, that by fighting anxiety with drugs, you're not overcoming it, you're just numbing the chemical response in your brain.

It takes you ONE WHOLE YEAR, for any drug to truly quite down the chemical responses in your brain responsible for anxiety.
The way your body works, it simply detects a foreign body (the drugs) in your system, and does everything it can to flush it, which is why you get MANY side effects with these drugs and SSRI's.

I know this too well, because they put me seroquil, prozac, lithium and a few other SSRI's replacing the prozac... I lasted 3 weeks total on medication before vowing to never take it again. In them two weeks the psychiatrist kept upping the doses, trying to bully my neuro-responces into submission, and to not fire at all.
All it did was get me very sick, and by week 2, turn me into a zombie...
*I have my personal story on my website and in my free book (click my page for the website link if interested)

So i dealt with my chronic, and i really mean chronic, anxiety for years, before attempting suicide last year.
Long story short, I knew i needed to do something about it... FAST!
I spent 2 months gathering ALL the info I could, then the following 2 months applying everything and anything (drug free)
It was the worst 2 months I've ever gone through, especially because a LOT of coping techniques DON'T work! And we all know this.
But, by the 6th/7th week of those 2 months, I had so many working and incredible techniques, that in the next 2 weeks of continuing to face everything, I overcame my anxiety. And today, I live anxiety free!

By the sounds of what you're expressing in terms of severity of your anxiety.
What I'd suggest you do (and anyone else who's interested) is to start by changing your diet... for MANY people, diet is 80%+ anxieties cause. And this is true for most of us who truly believe we follow a very healthy diet... It's not our fault though, the food, fruit and vegetables and drinks we buy are FULL of chemicals and MSG's, which are gaining more and more attention with their effects on mental health.
I'm not suggesting shop at wholefoods (wholepaycheck) for every meal. But there are ways you can shop, even at walmart, and strip your diet of the things you need to get rid of.
Also most of us are full, yet we're starving to death. And this has not only an impact on our physical health, but a direct negative impact on our mental health... What I mean is, we're getting the macro-nutrients we need every day (protein, calories and carbohydrates) But we are starved of the micro-nutrients we need (Vitamins and minerals) *Multi-Vitamins DO NOT work! They only create expensive urine!
The other problem being, cooking vegetables, which we ALL do, rids a LOT of the much needed nutrient density of the vegetable, leaving us with fibery-nothingness.
This is why it is important to get into juicing, or smoothie-ing (lol definitely not a word)
It's such an easy way to eat our way out of anxiety so to speak!

For ALL of this information, it's on my website. I've got recipes and all that good stuff. And I'm updating it everyday with new and cool stuff.
*By the way, i'm being serious. It's free...!! I saved myself from anxiety, I know how f***n bad it is, the LEAST I can do, is share how with people. That to me is worth more than any amount of money in the world!

Also on there is my book, which has ALL of the techniques step-by-step I've used and modified to my own life, that got me to recovery.
So if you're interested take a look around :)

*Click on my profile to get the link to my website, I can't post links yet

scared44
01-30-2013, 02:18 AM
P. S. I have been suffering from panic attacks since the age of 12yrs and im now 44 and it gets worse as the yrs go on :-(

alankay
01-30-2013, 05:28 PM
We have a young, ambitious businessman here it seems. Well welcome all the same. Alankay

scared44
01-30-2013, 11:58 PM
Im going to start a beta blocker/deralin tomorrow!! Let's hope it works for me! :-)

scared44
01-31-2013, 12:27 AM
Well I have bad news, but also great news for you (i hope)
I can't tell you that no drug works for beating anxiety, because 1) I'm not a Dr and 2) I haven't tried every drug!
But what I can tell you, is, that by fighting anxiety with drugs, you're not overcoming it, you're just numbing the chemical response in your brain.

It takes you ONE WHOLE YEAR, for any drug to truly quite down the chemical responses in your brain responsible for anxiety.
The way your body works, it simply detects a foreign body (the drugs) in your system, and does everything it can to flush it, which is why you get MANY side effects with these drugs and SSRI's.

I know this too well, because they put me seroquil, prozac, lithium and a few other SSRI's replacing the prozac... I lasted 3 weeks total on medication before vowing to never take it again. In them two weeks the psychiatrist kept upping the doses, trying to bully my neuro-responces into submission, and to not fire at all.
All it did was get me very sick, and by week 2, turn me into a zombie...
*I have my personal story on my website and in my free book (click my page for the website link if interested)

So i dealt with my chronic, and i really mean chronic, anxiety for years, before attempting suicide last year.
Long story short, I knew i needed to do something about it... FAST!
I spent 2 months gathering ALL the info I could, then the following 2 months applying everything and anything (drug free)
It was the worst 2 months I've ever gone through, especially because a LOT of coping techniques DON'T work! And we all know this.
But, by the 6th/7th week of those 2 months, I had so many working and incredible techniques, that in the next 2 weeks of continuing to face everything, I overcame my anxiety. And today, I live anxiety free!

By the sounds of what you're expressing in terms of severity of your anxiety.
What I'd suggest you do (and anyone else who's interested) is to start by changing your diet... for MANY people, diet is 80%+ anxieties cause. And this is true for most of us who truly believe we follow a very healthy diet... It's not our fault though, the food, fruit and vegetables and drinks we buy are FULL of chemicals and MSG's, which are gaining more and more attention with their effects on mental health.
I'm not suggesting shop at wholefoods (wholepaycheck) for every meal. But there are ways you can shop, even at walmart, and strip your diet of the things you need to get rid of.
Also most of us are full, yet we're starving to death. And this has not only an impact on our physical health, but a direct negative impact on our mental health... What I mean is, we're getting the macro-nutrients we need every day (protein, calories and carbohydrates) But we are starved of the micro-nutrients we need (Vitamins and minerals) *Multi-Vitamins DO NOT work! They only create expensive urine!
The other problem being, cooking vegetables, which we ALL do, rids a LOT of the much needed nutrient density of the vegetable, leaving us with fibery-nothingness.
This is why it is important to get into juicing, or smoothie-ing (lol definitely not a word)
It's such an easy way to eat our way out of anxiety so to speak!

For ALL of this information, it's on my website. I've got recipes and all that good stuff. And I'm updating it everyday with new and cool stuff.
*By the way, i'm being serious. It's free...!! I saved myself from anxiety, I know how f***n bad it is, the LEAST I can do, is share how with people. That to me is worth more than any amount of money in the world!

Also on there is my book, which has ALL of the techniques step-by-step I've used and modified to my own life, that got me to recovery.
So if you're interested take a look around :)

*Click on my profile to get the link to my website, I can't post links yet
How old are you??

sandyrdh1
01-31-2013, 08:55 AM
Your purely trying to get us people onto your website!! Sorry but that won't happen. Good luck with your anxiety free life! :-)

You don't have to be nasty to him. He is only giving advise to help. And so what about his web site. IT'S FREE! He is not asking for money, he is just giving his story and what has helped him. He has giving me great advice to try. And I want any advice that may help me. So if you don't want advice don't comment on here. We are all trying to help each other on here, not bash someone who has overcome anxiety and trying to gives us info for what has helped him. It may not help you but maybe his advice will help someone else.

johnmawson
01-31-2013, 02:09 PM
Why don't you ask yourself the same question. I know my answer...
I'm 20, I've overcome anxiety.
I've ran two successful businesses
I'm living my life to the full.
I've wrote a book, got a massively successful website that you're bashing (400+ unique visitors per day) 750 facebook fans..

You're simply on here putting down everything!
If you want to drug yourself to death go ahead.

It seems like you have NO interest in overcoming your anxiety.
You're not interest in advice, you simply want to complain..

I've met people like you all over the world.
You can live how you want
but don't try to pull other people to your way of life!

If they want help. Let them get help! Stop bashing everything

johnmawson
01-31-2013, 02:11 PM
We have a young, ambitious businessman here it seems. Well welcome all the same. Alankay

Thank you for the welcome Alankay :)

scared44
01-31-2013, 07:52 PM
Had a great day today. :-)

scared44
01-31-2013, 08:28 PM
Im entitled to an opinion!!
:-*

justconfused
01-31-2013, 09:48 PM
You don't have to be nasty to him. He is only giving advise to help. And so what about his web site. IT'S FREE! He is not asking for money, he is just giving his story and what has helped him. He has giving me great advice to try. And I want any advice that may help me. So if you don't want advice don't comment on here. We are all trying to help each other on here, not bash someone who has overcome anxiety and trying to gives us info for what has helped him. It may not help you but maybe his advice will help someone else.

Great post. It is free. So what if he tries to get someone to read it. I personally found the web site to be helpful, and could relate to his story alot. Even the pictures on it inspired me to do the things I used to love again.

scared44
02-01-2013, 12:57 AM
/QUOTE]

What a lovely day it is!! :-)