PDA

View Full Version : hangovers make anxiety worse?

bamboosh
01-27-2013, 08:51 PM
I kinda notice when im hungover my anxiety will be alot worse than usual, anyone else get this?

TheMeanGreenDeanMachine
01-27-2013, 10:15 PM
Oh yes when I turned 21 I did the bar thing for a while and noticed that my anxiety was terrible the next day despite going to bed at say 4 am I would wake at like 6 super anxious I stopped drinking Which I did rarely anyway strictly because of that issue anything over a light buzz and I'm doomed for anxiety the next day :( I'm not sure why it happens as I have never taken the time to look or ask but atleast you know your not the only one!

metallijim
01-28-2013, 12:55 AM
Yes, I'm now off drink completely because of this. If I had 3 or more pints I would more than likely suffer a really bad hangover. I'd get migraines, dizziness, strong heart palpatations and this would all lead to panic attacks for me. Sometimes it would last 2 days.

alankay
01-28-2013, 05:50 AM
Always does. Alankay

dazza
01-28-2013, 06:17 AM
One of my worst panic attacks was thanks to the help of a hangover.

Other severe panic attacks were caused by:

1/ cinema

2/ indoor flight simulator at Disney world, lol

3/ the morning after taking a sleeping pill (similar to a hangover)

4/ social get-togethers with family + drinking

If the shitty hangover doesn't cause a panic, the tiredness might... they work hand in hand.

temperancebrennan
01-28-2013, 08:39 AM
I always feel worse the day after a night out. It's rubbish because I never feel anxious when I'm drinking, but pay for it tenfold the day after.

Skizo
01-28-2013, 08:40 AM
for me hangovers FUCK ME UP completely.

dazza
01-28-2013, 08:55 AM
I always feel worse the day after a night out. It's rubbish because I never feel anxious when I'm drinking, but pay for it tenfold the day after.

You know what... even during my most volatile periods of panic, being drunk was awesome - completely suppressing all symptoms and unsavoury thoughts.

Lovely jubbly

But, as you say... paid for it the following day. I'd barely have time to get out my dressing gown in the mornin' before my body was buzzing with panic and fear!