PDA

View Full Version : OCD >> PTSD >> Agoraphobia | Be kind to the new guy!

CoveAgoraphobic
01-27-2013, 08:21 PM
OCD >> PTSD >> Agoraphobia... My path in life.

This is new to me... Chatting about it... So give me a chance to get comfortable please!

Not much detail I know... But anyone else had this sequence of events in their journey?

Cara1989
01-27-2013, 08:44 PM
Hi welcome! Mine went panic attacks > agora > depression > derealization lol

jessed03
01-28-2013, 04:53 AM
OCD >> PTSD >> Agoraphobia... My path in life.

This is new to me... Chatting about it... So give me a chance to get comfortable please!

Not much detail I know... But anyone else had this sequence of events in their journey?

Unfortunately, now that you've posted here - the 'white van' is on it's way round, ready to incaserate you in an insane asylum in which the rest of us are already held captive. The good news is, Monday is milk and cookies night!

Hehe.

For me, it went PTSD > Agora > OCD - Looking back, I think the OCD habits came in to 'protect me' from the PTSD. I got beat up by a gang really bad when I was a young teenager, which caused agor for about 2+ years. When I did eventually wander outside to a shop or something, the fear was very extreme, I started developing all these little habits I believed were like a superstition, keeping me safe.

I think the good news is, you deal with most anxiety disorders in very similar ways. Often by lowering the body's base level of anxiety, through relaxation and good health, and by removing the energy, belief and habitual thinking which keeps you repeating the pattern - which is hard, but any techniques you learn through CBT and other methods, are very transferable to any other anxiety conditions that may come out of the woodwork.

Be well buddy, like Kev said, people are very open and honest about what they're going through here, and you'll find plenty of support :)