PDA

View Full Version : Tmj??

jmar1116
01-27-2013, 07:41 PM
Anyone else get tmj symptoms????

sandyrdh1
01-27-2013, 08:00 PM
Anyone else get tmj symptoms????

Almost everyone has TMJ symptoms. It's no big deal. The jaw may pop or the masster muscle may be sore sometimes. Some people with stress grit or clinch there teeth when they sleep and that can aggravate it. Chewing gum to much can too. Eat small bites, cut your food up like a hand burger or hot dog etc so you don't have to open so wide. Use a ice pack 15 mins on and 15 mins off and a warm cloth the same. I am a hygienist and see this everyday:)

Cara1989
01-27-2013, 08:39 PM
I noticed my anxiety has been making me clentch my jaw and it hurts so bad lol my ears hurt and everything its terrible

jmar1116
01-27-2013, 08:47 PM
My head hurts..my jaw hurts..my ears hurt and they fill full!! My jaw clicks everytime I open my mouth!! It sucks!!

sandyrdh1
01-27-2013, 08:51 PM
I noticed my anxiety has been making me clentch my jaw and it hurts so bad lol my ears hurt and everything its terrible

If your doing it in your sleep which most don't know unless they have a partner tell them they are making that noise when they sleep, it will make your jaw sore and hurt. If your not making the noise and just clinching at night when you sleep you will wake up with a sore jaw and that will tell you that you are clinching. Pain in ears, shooting pains to head etc. you can go to the store and by a night guard which you form fit to your teeth and put in your mouth when you sleep. That takes the pressure off you jaw because you are clinching in that soft jel instead of your teeth.

Cara1989
01-27-2013, 08:58 PM
If your doing it in your sleep which most don't know unless they have a partner tell them they are making that noise when they sleep, it will make your jaw sore and hurt. If your not making the noise and just clinching at night when you sleep you will wake up with a sore jaw and that will tell you that you are clinching. Pain in ears, shooting pains to head etc. you can go to the store and by a night guard which you form fit to your teeth and put in your mouth when you sleep. That takes the pressure off you jaw because you are clinching in that soft jel instead of your teeth.

Its a nervous habit :/ sadly I do it when I'm awake

sandyrdh1
01-27-2013, 09:01 PM
Then you have to try and stop yourself when you realize your doing it. :) you don't want to damage your teeth.

Cara1989
01-28-2013, 04:15 PM
I have a bad toothache didn't get any sleep last night plus anxiety is making it worse its my back bottom right it hurts my jaw and my ear the whole right side of my face I see denist tomorrow but I'm really scared!! I've been putting numbing gel on it what does it sound like?

jessed03
01-28-2013, 05:55 PM
Jmarr, which one are you in that picture? We need an arrow pointing to you :p

TMJ is nasty. Often responsible for so many of those horrible symptoms we get. Neck pains, chest pains, headaches, dizziness...

I got some pretty decent advice from (sorry forgot the forumites name!) He told me just to keep my tongue between my teeth at all times. It takes some getting used to, but it really begun to ease my symptoms once I made the habit. Sure, it looks a bit strange hehe... but the principle can be taken to anything. You can get a sports mouth guard, you can chew gum. My favourite became keeping a tooth pick between my mouth. While it was there, I couldn't clench. After 2 years, I rarely do it, but sometimes I keep the tooth pick... It looks pretty bad-ass...!

Hopefully you can find something to keep the jaw from clenching, until anxiety becomes much lower, and it usually naturally reduces.

sandyrdh1
01-28-2013, 07:16 PM
I have a bad toothache didn't get any sleep last night plus anxiety is making it worse its my back bottom right it hurts my jaw and my ear the whole right side of my face I see denist tomorrow but I'm really scared!! I've been putting numbing gel on it what does it sound like?

You may have an abscess due to a cavity in the tooth. Glad your going to the dentist. You don't want it to get worse and it will not go away if its a cavity.

sandyrdh1
01-28-2013, 07:18 PM
Jmarr, which one are you in that picture? We need an arrow pointing to you :p

TMJ is nasty. Often responsible for so many of those horrible symptoms we get. Neck pains, chest pains, headaches, dizziness...

I got some pretty decent advice from (sorry forgot the forumites name!) He told me just to keep my tongue between my teeth at all times. It takes some getting used to, but it really begun to ease my symptoms once I made the habit. Sure, it looks a bit strange hehe... but the principle can be taken to anything. You can get a sports mouth guard, you can chew gum. My favourite became keeping a tooth pick between my mouth. While it was there, I couldn't clench. After 2 years, I rarely do it, but sometimes I keep the tooth pick... It looks pretty bad-ass...!

Hopefully you can find something to keep the jaw from clenching, until anxiety becomes much lower, and it usually naturally reduces.

Chewing gum is the worst thing for TMJ. It's just more action for the jaw to make it sore.

jmar1116
01-28-2013, 08:24 PM
I'm the one in the middle lol. And yes TMJ is the worst!!