PDA

View Full Version : What is your trigger?

1Goofy1
01-27-2013, 03:39 PM
I have been trying hard to pinpoint some of my anxiety triggers and have figured out a few but not all.
Just curious... What is some of your triggers?

joshhiboii
01-27-2013, 03:53 PM
Google I'm coming out of this slowly but soon as I get an ache or pain or anything I google it to see what It could be

Saldav
01-27-2013, 03:58 PM
My trigger is not having money to pay bills

1Goofy1
01-27-2013, 04:00 PM
Google I'm coming out of this slowly but soon as I get an ache or pain or anything I google it to see what It could be

I used to have that habbit but got out of it. No matter what symptom you type in it seems to be a horrible thing.
I don't like crowds, loud noises, feeling trapped or feeling controlled to much, which is hard to explain but I have a family member that always has to tell me her way is better, she is smarter she is more successful, she is happier, she has more money, she even took over my yoga class and pokes me from behind to tell me what she thinks I am doing wrong. LOL
This angers me and then just sets the nerves in motion. Hate that one but it is kind of childish and funny.

1Goofy1
01-27-2013, 04:02 PM
My trigger is not having money to pay bills

Oh God! I hear that one! Live pay check to pay check, if one slight disaster happens I fell like it is a house of cards.
Do you live in the US?

sandyrdh1
01-27-2013, 04:04 PM
Oh God! I hear that one! Live pay check to pay check, if one slight disaster happens I fell like it is a house of cards.
Do you live in the US?

Me too! Stress over bills. I hate it! US here and you?

1Goofy1
01-27-2013, 04:05 PM
Michigan, burried in snow right now...LOL

sandyrdh1
01-27-2013, 04:30 PM
Michigan, burried in snow right now...LOL

Florida where its a beautiful 73 degrees:)

Saldav
01-27-2013, 04:39 PM
Do you live in the US?

USA California in the beautiful city of San Diego

sandyrdh1
01-27-2013, 04:46 PM
USA California in the beautiful city of San Diego

Oh nice! So you weather is like mine here right now:)

Saldav
01-27-2013, 04:58 PM
Oh nice! So you weather is like mine here right now:)

Ya the weather is always nice here. It's been raining a bit. I live in lakeside inner city in San Diego. It's been cold. the other nite it was freezing cold I think the temp went down to the 50's. Haha! Sarcasm!

1Goofy1
01-27-2013, 05:46 PM
So jealous! I am listening to the freezing rain hitting on my windows right now. Tomorrows drive to work should be interesting to say the least. We had green grass til last Sunday and now have about 20" of snow and now ice. Whoohoo

1Goofy1
01-27-2013, 05:49 PM
Ya the weather is always nice here. It's been raining a bit. I live in lakeside inner city in San Diego. It's been cold. the other nite it was freezing cold I think the temp went down to the 50's. Haha! Sarcasm!

It is 30 right now which is up from 1 the other morning and now Tuesday will be 46 with rain and thunder storms! Only in Michigan can you experience all the seasons temps in 7 days time.

sandyrdh1
01-27-2013, 05:53 PM

It's been getting to about 50's at night here too

trinidiva
01-27-2013, 07:25 PM
I'm in Maryland, its about 28 degrees now.....not enjoying it at all. SAD is in full effect......lol.

justconfused
01-27-2013, 10:41 PM
It is 30 right now which is up from 1 the other morning and now Tuesday will be 46 with rain and thunder storms! Only in Michigan can you experience all the seasons temps in 7 days time.

I'm pretty sure it was you looking for houses in Tennessee. Lol, good thing you're used to this. Our forecast for the week starts at 66 for a high and ends at 32 for a high.

rhar
01-27-2013, 11:56 PM
My triggers are mainly my symptoms.

I'm constantly monitoring every bodily sensation so if I feel lightheaded or dizzy that sets my panic off.

It's a vicious circle :(

bamboosh
01-28-2013, 04:01 PM
Feeling dizzy and breathless, googling symptoms then over thinking also , for example last week i got some blood test results back and they said my wbc is kina low and didnt give me an explanation to why, basically said you could have a short term viral infection or a long term issue , or it could be to just finishing a course of cipro anti biotics so for the last week ive been thinking ive something serious wrong with me

1Goofy1
01-28-2013, 06:45 PM
Feeling dizzy and breathless, googling symptoms then over thinking also , for example last week i got some blood test results back and they said my wbc is kina low and didnt give me an explanation to why, basically said you could have a short term viral infection or a long term issue , or it could be to just finishing a course of cipro anti biotics so for the last week ive been thinking ive something serious wrong with me

I do the same thing, over thinking things, dwelling on the slightest sensation and then my thoughts just run wild. I used to google symptoms and it would scare the tar out of me but I made myself quit doing that. Seems like no matter what symptom you search, according to google it is cancer or heart disease. LOL I get dizzy and breathless too, of course I am a light smoker and I find that when I smoke I feel like my heart is racing and I freak out and swear it will be my last one.
This is interesting, all of us who have posted have a lot of the same symptoms and triggers. As horrible as it is,it is at least reassuring that they seem to be common and that in itself makes me feel better in a strange sort of way.

acetone
01-29-2013, 01:17 AM
I used to dizzy while in malls and stores.

jamus75
01-29-2013, 01:47 AM
Going to the doctor, being overtired, heart rate, thinking about having a panic attack, thinking about getting sick, over worrying about bills and my kids. And nothing at all , sometimes I have one for absolutely no reason. I could be calm as can be watching tv and boom it's off to the races.

Anxiousjohn
01-04-2016, 05:28 PM
any body pain or discomfort, especially after physical activity

AfternoonRose
01-04-2016, 06:59 PM
My trigger is the fact that I always think that I said/did something wrong. Always worried that I'm giving off a bad impression, worried what people think of me. Always struggling to do my best, act my best, only to still be less than average. It's debilitating.

Been hiding from the real world and avoiding life most of the time because of this.

tidalpine
01-04-2016, 11:48 PM
driving sometimes, driving at night, work, being in tight spaces, crowds, loud environments, sudden loud noises,

jaydedjen110
01-06-2016, 06:50 AM
Being touched when I don't expect it, stared at while eating or listening to music, loud noises, yelling, people looking over my shoulder if I'm reading or working... There's more but those are the main ones.

The Intolerable Kid
01-06-2016, 07:59 AM
Monday mornings. Always hate starting a new week of social interaction at work.