PDA

View Full Version : Health anxiety

joshhiboii
01-27-2013, 11:36 AM
Does anybody else have issue with there health ivefound im constenlty checking my selffor changes ie seeing if i can feel bones i couldnt before does anyone else do things like this ?

temperancebrennan
01-27-2013, 11:56 AM
Does anybody else have issue with there health ivefound im constenlty checking my selffor changes ie seeing if i can feel bones i couldnt before does anyone else do things like this ?

I used to think I was going to have a stroke when my symptoms happened. So I found myself constantly touching the sides of my mouth & making myself smile to see if one side of my mouth had drooped or stopped working.
I now know that it's just anxiety & so I don't do that anymore, but it was a habit I did for a year or so.

metallijim
01-27-2013, 12:03 PM
I worry about my health constantly, hence why I suffer anxiety. I used to check the pulse on my wrist constantly and put my hand on my chest to check my heart. I think most of us fall into a habit like this.

1Goofy1
01-27-2013, 03:35 PM
Yep. Constantly checking my heart rate and often have to count out my breathing or I will hyperventilate.
I try not to do it but then I am more tense. My newest thing is clenching my teeth without realizing it. My jaws are sore constantly lately.

joshhiboii
01-27-2013, 03:50 PM
I used to think I was going to have a stroke when my symptoms happened. So I found myself constantly touching the sides of my mouth & making myself smile to see if one side of my mouth had drooped or stopped working.
I now know that it's just anxiety & so I don't do that anymore, but it was a habit I did for a year or so.

Ecsackly how I am ATM checking to see what bones i can feel as I feel I'm loosing more weight than I actual am

TheMeanGreenDeanMachine
01-27-2013, 10:27 PM
I have GAD so I'm anxious about random things all the time but the last few months I have been stricken with multiple health issues bells palsy gall bladder disease lipomatosis and random internal bleeding somewhere in my colon docs are yet to discover why...anyway now I have panic attacks daily for fear that something horrific is going to happen to me I have always been a freak when it comes to health but wow its BAD lately I get a cold and my panic turns it into cancer -_- lol just gotta remind myself that if it was that bad the docs would have kept me and I had to ban myself from googling symptoms too haha like I would type in rash on hand and instantly. Brain cancer would pop up then I'm freaking out :P just gotta try and stay realistic and positive I guess

justconfused
01-27-2013, 10:35 PM
I always check pulse but not as bad as I used to. I'm only 19 with a normal ekg been done and normal blood work. I got my heart rate way up on a machine and still it went back down to normal beats. It's hard to convince yourself you are fine. I feel so old and I'm so young. It's weird. I always find myself thinking "how is the heart designed to last so long. I'm 19, thats 19 straight years of beating over and over. How in the world is it going to keep beating til I'm old" Things like that. Freak me out, but I just remind myself the heart at 19 years old is young and strong.