PDA

View Full Version : Distorted vision?

metallijim
01-26-2013, 07:28 AM
After a very good 2 weeks it seems my anxiety decided "I'm not having that" haha. I've been getting out, seeing friends, going for walks, etc. But this last week I've had to fight very hard. I noticed the longer I'm on my feet and moving around my heart rate is through the roof but besides that my vision has been all over the place. For example I walked down town this morning to meet my dad and after 10 minutes walking I found it very hard to keep my vision focused. My depth perception was f***ed, I would think someone or something was at a distance and then all of a sudden it was like they or it were right in front of me. Also I was getting blurred vision, it wasn't constant, it was more like it was across my eyes in waves sporadically. I kept going and met my dad. The minute he seen me, he knew something was up. I told him what happened and we went to the pub I work at and sat down. 5 minutes sitting down it seemed to pass but I was getting pins and needles in my hands which is something that I always get a minute or two before I have a panic attack. I had a couple.of pints of water and relaxed my breathing and it passed too.

I was wondering does anyone else suffer vision disturbances like this? I'm wondering could it be linked to the weather because it seemed to creep in on me when the cold snap hit here in Ireland?

Audrey00
01-26-2013, 07:18 PM
Yep i have vision issues all the time ! Especially when i am nervous or anxious , i have had two eye exams and they said my eyes are fine , so i know that it is just something that comes with anxiety :(

adrenalyn
01-26-2013, 08:22 PM
Yes, I usually will get blurred vision and a feeling that there is a film on my eyes when I am having anxiety and high levels of stress. Found this explanation that made sense about vision problems and anxiety...

"Having tricks of vision is most definitely an anxiety symptom. The type of tricks vary but generally speaking they involve blurry vision, tunnel vision, and just plain thinking you saw something when there was nothing there.

Most of this can be chalked up to stress. Stress was not named the silent killer because it just sounds good. Overtime stress can take a real serious toll on you psychologically and physically. Now when stress and anxiety join forces is when you may encounter a problem with respect to your vision.

I want to keep this basic so I will simply say that if you are having vision problems because of your anxiety it is mainly tied to fatigue, muscle tension, and the excessive production of adrenaline.

Chronic stress (because of ongoing anxiety) leads to an over production of adrenaline. This has several potentially nasty effects on the body but of importance to us is the fact that it can increase intraocular pressure. And although the elevation of intraocular pressure may not be significant it can cause blurry vision.

Tunnel vision is also related to the excessive production of adrenaline. One of the bodies mechanisms most clearly tied to anxiety is the fight or flight response. Among other things, this bodily reaction pumps adrenaline into the blood stream which may temporarily cause tunnel vision."

Cara1989
01-26-2013, 09:58 PM
Yes, I usually will get blurred vision and a feeling that there is a film on my eyes when I am having anxiety and high levels of stress. Found this explanation that made sense about vision problems and anxiety...

"Having tricks of vision is most definitely an anxiety symptom. The type of tricks vary but generally speaking they involve blurry vision, tunnel vision, and just plain thinking you saw something when there was nothing there.

Most of this can be chalked up to stress. Stress was not named the silent killer because it just sounds good. Overtime stress can take a real serious toll on you psychologically and physically. Now when stress and anxiety join forces is when you may encounter a problem with respect to your vision.

I want to keep this basic so I will simply say that if you are having vision problems because of your anxiety it is mainly tied to fatigue, muscle tension, and the excessive production of adrenaline.

Chronic stress (because of ongoing anxiety) leads to an over production of adrenaline. This has several potentially nasty effects on the body but of importance to us is the fact that it can increase intraocular pressure. And although the elevation of intraocular pressure may not be significant it can cause blurry vision.

Tunnel vision is also related to the excessive production of adrenaline. One of the bodies mechanisms most clearly tied to anxiety is the fight or flight response. Among other things, this bodily reaction pumps adrenaline into the blood stream which may temporarily cause tunnel vision."

I'm sorry but is it a must to put that stress can kill u lol ur on a forum with a shitload of ppl who have health anxiety >.> just sayin

metallijim
01-27-2013, 12:04 AM
I'm sorry but is it a must to put that stress can kill u lol ur on a forum with a shitload of ppl who have health anxiety >.> just sayin

Haha, I always think it's a bit silly when people do that.

metallijim
01-27-2013, 12:05 AM

Thanks, that's a big help :)

adrenalyn
01-27-2013, 07:59 PM
Sorry Cara :) I didn't care for that part of the article either but the rest did explain the vision issues some of us have. My apologies if this upset anyone.

adrenalyn
01-27-2013, 08:01 PM
Sorry about that, I should have deleted that sentence :)

Cara1989
01-27-2013, 08:40 PM
Sorry about that, I should have deleted that sentence :)

Lol oh didn't know it was a article :p